Wednesday, December 8, 2010

just call me suzy homemaker.

(really, when did i get so domestic? 5 years ago, i would NEVER have believed i'd turn into a cook-from-scratch, quilting, mini-van queen of suburbia. if my old firm could see me now, i'm not sure they'd recognize me. actually, they'd pry point & laugh. whatever. they're all soul-less corporate bloodsuckers anyways.)

& on to the substance of the post:
- i have decided that binding quilts is NOT my thing. it's a necessary evil, but i think this part is where i would give in & use a sewing machine. if i had one. i finally got the right color thread to finish the blankie i'm making for one of the dudes, but binding is sooo lame & tedious. sigh.
- i tried making bread for the first time the other day & it came out AWESOME. (yeah, i'm bragging. sorry.) N liked it so much he didn't believe i had actually made it. i'm planning a repeat for tonight, & i have to say, there is something really pleasant about raw bread dough. it's warm, it smells all yeasty & it's fun to punch down. seriously, it's a good time. i highly recommend it. :)
- i am *almost* done christmas shopping. & in a real shocker, for once i actually know what i want to get for every single person left on my list. that never happens & it makes me pretty happy to actually go finish shopping instead of dreading the slog through the super-crowded stores. being prepared for once is making me feel all festive. now if only i could get N to turn on the christmas lights outside...

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Can I borrow you? Or maybe just channel you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm homemade bread :)

    You are so better off without the soul-less corporate blood suckers! My clients are mostly corporate lawyers so I had to laugh :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home Made Bread...mmm...tell me... share...gimme. whatever you want to do, I WANT SOME!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can post since I now have a google account, yay!!

    I am no good at homemade bread. It always comes out too dense. Boo. I wish I was though, I love the way the house smells. :) Maybe you just have a really good recipe that you should share. :)

    ReplyDelete