Wednesday, March 2, 2011

a boring crafty post




here's one of my recent projects. it's been lurking in my closet for weeks now, & i finally found an hour ot put it all together this week. it's a felt board for the dudes. i cut out a bunch of shapes in different colors, & we made some weather pieces as well (a sunshine, clouds, rain, etc.) i have plans to do letters next, but for now we're sticking with shapes, colors & weather. the guys LOVE it, which makes me ridiculously happy. i always worry when i spend time putting stuff like this together that they'll end up hating it, but this one was a hit. the hope is that it will help inspire some real words, instead of just twin-speak. (or at least help teach them shapes & stuff.)
next up-- finish the felt food in time for the boys' birthday in a couple weeks.

& in between times, i have to finish binding val's quilt.... i'm really *almost* done with it, & as boring as binding is, i'm also really excited to finish it & start conrad's.

yeah, i know, this was totally lame. my apologies to any one who bothered to read it. i promise to be less crafty next time. :)

3 comments:

  1. crafty is good ... you're inspiring!!

    And glad to hear the "no news" about Val ... though I can imagine that doesn't feel terribly comforting. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crafty posts! We have felt and some shapes. I never even thought to put it on a board. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea!! I am going to steal it.

    ReplyDelete