Sunday, March 13, 2011

i need a vacation

it hits me every year about this time, i feel smothered & blue & in desperate need of 2 days to myself. of course, i've never actually gotten 2 days to myself, but usually i can drum up a change of scene & flee the house (children in tow) for my folks' place up north for a week. not so this year however, as my parents already have plans to head north themselves.
i'm sick of cooking winter meals, i'm sick of snow & cold, i'm sick of the same 4 walls & unending routine of daily tasks & chores.

i would love to take a class of some sort at the local community college here. i think some sort of creative outlet away from home would be enough to give me back a bit of myself, but i'm having a hard time justifying the expense. i have to figure out something soon however, or i am going to crack & be unable to stop myself from picking unnecessary fights, just to break up the monotony.

3 comments:

  1. You need cookies. Should I send you some? :) All I need is your address. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I am sorry. I wish I had a suggestion. Maybe go out for coffee after N gets home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((HUGS))) So sorry Kate. Maybe a girls' night out will help shake the funk?

    ReplyDelete