Monday, September 13, 2010

stick a fork in me.

i'm done.
i need a break. it's been a week straight with just my kiddos & cell phone for company (as if i ever got time to talk on the phone-- HA!) & i am burnt out. N was actually home early enough to go to bed with me & em last night, & i know he was hoping for some attention once em was asleep, but i couldn't even hold a coherent conversation.
i am in desperate need of a few hours of solitude. i am also in desperate need of a few hours to REALLY clean my house. (it's so bad it makes me angry & sad just to look at it.)

N *might* be home this afternoon if court lets him go, & i know he'll try to send me out to "relax" for a bit. the thing is tho, as much as it's nice to leave the house, what i really want is a day (or barring that, a few hours) home ALONE. not with kids asleep some where in the house, but really truly alone. (it's like a dream-- just think how much i could get DONE, with no other humans making demands on me!)
sigh. i know it's not going to happen, bc em is still nursing & N won't be home long enough to take them all anywhere anyways, but a girl can dream right?

3 comments:

  1. Aww honey. I hope you get a well deserved break soon. Having kids all napping and having the kids out of the house are so different. When they're napping, you still spend most of the time worrying about when they will wake up and need something. And when you hit that insane level of exhaustion, even leaving the house without the kids just takes too much effort :(
    Hopefully someone can give you some real alone time soon.
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{HUGS}} You're doing a great job kate, hopefully you'll get some alone time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((HUGS)) I'm late, but I hope you were able to catch a little bit of a break this week...

    ReplyDelete