Tuesday, October 12, 2010

confessions of a bad mommy

- i let my kids hang out in their cribs after they wake up, just so i can have a few more minutes to myself.

- i let the baby sleep until 11 in the morning.

- i let val dip everything (including cheerios) in ranch dressing as long as he eats.

- sometimes i don't get dressed for multiple days in a row.

- i don't force clothes if some one wants to be naked.

- i let them eat dirt.

- i'm not above using sesame street to regain peace in my household.

- i let conrad watch tv with me in the morning, just bc i like to cuddle.

- the boys still get bottles at bedtime & i have no plans to take them away yet.(yeah, yeah, i brush their teeth. whatever.)

- i still cuddle emma to sleep at night.

- i'll pass off a poopy kid to N without saying anything. i figure i change enough poop.

- i'm not above serving pudding & pickles for dinner if that's all they'll eat.

- sometimes i hide "borwn bear, brown bear, what do you see?" bc i just can't take it anymore.

6 comments:

  1. If any of that is a bad mommy, then that's me, too!! Seriously, on almost every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm yeah, shit, I am there too....let's see:

    - Sometimes I put Little K in her crib with some books so I can have a break, or take a nap

    - i let the her sleep AS LATE as

    - i let Little K dip everything (including donuts) in ketchup as long as she eats.

    - i let them her eat Sand

    - i'm not above using Yo Gabba Gabba to get some blogging time

    - i still rock Little K every night at bed time, in the dark, hoping she will fall asleep in my arms (she doesn't)

    - i'm not above serving Pops and cookies for dinner if that's all she'll eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Man! I'm a bad mommy too LOL...And I feel you on "brown bear brown bear"...I can't handle reading that one over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who: 1) will let them eat xyz as long as they eat (we do cereal bars and graham crackers) 2) leaves the kid in the crib for a while after they're awake (i leave him in there til he gets pissed) 3) uses tv for a little sanity. 4) passes off the poopy kid (especially when said kid poops 4+ times a day!)and 5) doesn't get dressed everyday.
    i heart this post.

    ReplyDelete