Thursday, October 14, 2010

little victories

i love love love when i find a new food the guys will eat. today's it's sweet potatoes & i feel like a super hero, since they're actually a VEGETABLE! (actually, i think the guys would eat almost anything i put cinnamon on, so i'm not really all that clever.)
i even had them eating broccoli last night! covered in thai peanut sauce, but whatever. it was broccoli!!!

of course, tomorrow, they'll pry throw everything i try to feed them right back in my face, but today-- mom triumphed over the toddlers!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! I can get my kids to eat most vegi's but we struggle on fruits.. Yeah seriously fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOO HOO! Noah isnt much of a veggie eater either. I can get him to eat sweet potato fries, which are far from healthy, but I figure they are more nutrient rich than regular fries. I also buy these potato chip like snack at the co-op that are made of different veggies (pea, spinich, carrot, tomato, ect). Again not that healthy since they are fried like potato chips, but they at least have some of the nutrients from the veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a difficult eater too - so I understand completely and join you in a happy dance!! I get so excited when I find something M will eat.. then usually within a couple of days she's back to acting like I was crazy to ever think she would eat that!! Silly toddlers!!

    Great job on the broccoli too! I've had some success with broccoli in broccoli/cheese soup and in mac-n-cheese...haha! So I'm really impressed by that one! Way to go, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liam won't eat anything unless it's a hotdog...or bologna, or cheese, occasionally i can get him to eat ramen noodles, and rarely spagetti...

    Veggies are, only liked by the ladies here...LOL!

    ReplyDelete