Saturday, November 13, 2010

miscellania

either i have gotten super lame & boring, or this has turned into more of a journal of the mundane than a true blog.
odd that when i'm pg, i can be all introspective & thoughtful, & now that i have the kiddos here with me kicking around in this world, most of my brain is taken up with things like "what can i tempt the boys with at lunch?", "can i stop the gruesome twosome from launching trucks at their sister?", "why does conrad prefer to run in snow boots?" "will emma ever squeal in an octave lower than one with ear-drum piercing power?"
all these questions are interesting to me, but likely not so much to the casual observer.



a random personal note, (& on an entirely different topic), i have started hand sewing some really simple quilts. i'm totally useless with a sewing machine, but my grandma taught me to hand sew many years ago & i find that i really enjoy it now. it's peaceful & just the right mix of challenging & mindless. good times.


another random note- the father in law & his best friend are coming down tomorrow to hunt with N. they always refuse to stay with us in favor of a hotel, but the kids & i should at least see them for dinner once or twice. we have such an odd relationship with N's folks, i can't even begin to do it justice. i'm just hoping N enjoys the visit.

3 comments:

  1. I can tell you I do read, but I have sucked about commenting. Blog world has been real slow, with you being about the only one really posting. So I am not checking as often as I normally do.

    I know I love to hear about the kids. I do feel like I don't know Emma though. You used to blog about the boys all the time, and not so much anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mundane R Us.....it is comforting to know that there are equally boring people in the world (totally kidding)! I rather enjoy reading obout Em pooping up a storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, I enjoyed reading all of those questions; they made me giggle. ;)

    ReplyDelete