Sunday, January 1, 2012

happy new year

i've never been a new years person. for years it's been my least favorite holiday. i think it's over-hyped & just not that fun, honestly. & the whole 'new beginning" thing? well, if you aren't happy with something in your life, why are you wating until the new year to change it? make the effort to be the person you want to be year round, & new years is just another day.
i suppose it IS a good excuse for a party, but for me, it's a relief to have little kids & great excuse to stay home.
N worked a double yesterday (& again today) so he was mostly MIA, but my folks came over & brought pizza & brownies & a bunch of silly hats & horns for the kids. my mom hung out long enough after dinner to help me put the hoard to bed (super awesome of her, since this kid has now shifted lower & is giving me really awful sciatic pain) & i got to be in bed & ASLEEP by 10pm. it was lovely.

1 comment:

  1. I too was in bed and asleep by 10:30! T told me our neighborhood was ablaze with fireworks and burn outs at midnight...I never heard a peep! Nor did K!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete