Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Emma




Her birth story really starts on Friday, when we went into L&D with contrax that i *knew* were different, but unfortunately (for me anyways!) weren't making fast enough progress to justify moving up the c-section, so we got a shot of terb.utaline & sent home, where the contrax slowed enough for me to sleep friday night & then persisted through sunday night. i know it sounds weird, but when i went to bed sunday night, i just had a feeling she'd be coming that night. i was up every half hour or so, & then at 2am got woken up with killer contrax, tried to tough it out for a half hour or so (lord knows what i was thinking!) & then called my mom to come over & stay with the guys. N in the meantime had gotten up with the boys, & by 330am we were on our way to the hospital. N called our OB on the way there, who asked no questions & just said he'd meet us there.
i'd been hoping to avoid the whole painful labor thing on the front end, since i knew recovery from surgery would hurt, but no such luck. L&D was super quiet tho & my doc rocks, so we only had to wait til 5 to head into surgery. the spinal was a piece of cake & N & i were talking & laughing thru the whole surgery-- it was a VERY different feeling than when we delivered the boys. much more peaceful, & low(er) stress. Em was born at 533am, she got to stay with me & N all thru the 2hrs i had to be in recovery. it has been beyond wonderful to actually KEEP my baby with me this whole time. i feel like alot of people take for granted being able to hold their baby right away, but after having NICU babies, i've really treasured these first few days with our girl.

7 comments:

  1. OK I dunno why but that pic totally made me tear up. She is gorgeous. You are so lucky Kate, and I'm so glad you got to have a "normal" pregnancy and delivery this time, and got to spend time with your girl as SOON as she was born. Enjoy her and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad everything has been so peaceful for you and that you've gotten so much time with your little lady that you didn't get with your boys. You've certainly earned every last minute! I can't wait to hear all about her! ((HUGS))

    How are you feeling??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture, she, again, is gorgeous.

    birth story, not so fun, but at least the wait was not so bad when your OB knew it was go time.

    It is such a different feeling, having a 'normal' c/s delivery after an 'emergency' one. It's like night and day, I totally agree.

    I am so glad you guys have had all the time together! Some hossies are not so happy about that...

    ~hugs~ congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again, she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. I cant wait to watch her grow like I have the boys over this past year or so. You did a great job. Im glad you got to spend the time with her after. I too was so lucky to be able to have that experience as well since my son was also taken to the NICU right after my C-Sect. Its def a diff feeling to have your baby right there. Congrats again on your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations again, she is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad that you had a great birth experience and that things went well.

    ReplyDelete