Tuesday, June 16, 2009

what day is it again?

they're all starting to blend together.

i was trying to think of something clever to post about, but i got nothing. instead, here are the random (non)events in my life lately.

i'm officially weaning the dudes. (for those of you not already informed.) i've been beating myself up about it, but my supply is diminishing & the dudes are eating more & more (obviously!) so i think the downsides are starting to outweigh the benefits. & i'm just running out of milk whether i want to quit or not, the decision may have been made for me. we made it 3 mos pumping & while i wish we could have got them really nursing & kept it up longer, it just wasn't in the cards for us. so i'm going to just chalk this up to being a "bad mom" & move on-- i'll have more time to spend with my dudes now, so that should help compensate for the horrible crime of not breastfeeding to the pediatrics association's recommended 1 yr.

so now i am selfishly totally concerned about what will happen to my poor boobs. i'm already covered in stretch marks, & am not looking forward to adding saggy boobs to the mix. i used to be a smallish B & jumped up to a C when pg & am now a small D. & i have to say, i am not a fan of the big knockers. (on me, anyways.) i miss my little boobs.... i'd love to have them back, just not around my belly button. sigh....

my 10th high school reunion is in a couple weeks, & we're going. especially since i guilted my best friend M into going with N & me when she really didn't want to. my selling points were 1) to get momma out of the house, 2) we can see how much worse off than us the people we didn't like are, 3) M can show off how smokin hot she is, & 4) we can listen to N make catty remarks about everyone & anyone. it sounds awful, but #4 is actually one of my fav things about N-- he actually says what everyone else is thinking, & is absolutely hilarious about it.
& since we're going to a HS reunion, i have to find something to wear that hides the tummy & the extra 15 lbs i'm still carrying around. not fun. i also need new sneakers-- my feet apparently grew while i was preggo & are not shrinking. no more fitting in sample sizes for me, alas.

N is at court right now dealing with some juvenile delinquent who beat up his mom, my mom is coming over shortly so i can go shop, & til then, i'm still sitting in my robe at 2 in the afternoon, covered in babies & typing one-handed when i should be doing laundry. welcome to my life!

5 comments:

  1. 3 months!!! Way to go girl! And don't forget you did 3 months with twins so that should at least count as 6 months right??? ;) ;)

    I don't know why so many mom's beat themselves up when they decide it's time to stop breast feeding. I am guilty of it too. But, you are right, there comes a time when the benefits no longer out weigh the bad (as in mom's health, time, energy, and happiness!). I know it doesn't make it easier and I know you know all of this...but you have done an AWESOME job mama! You really should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. word to the above comment!!! I weaned my daughter at 5 months and felt guilty about it until she was a year and mind you my dh's sisters nurse their children until the age of 2. But i decided it was what was best at the time.

    And seriously, 3 months bf twins!?!? That is amazing!!!

    lol to h.s. reunion. that should be hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing awesome, Kate!! So quit beating yerself up already. ;)

    I am still laying on the couch in my undies at 1 in the afternoon so no worries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped at 3 months, too. I felt guilty at first and then it sunk in that I'd finally get a little piece of myself back... for ME! It was so freeing. And besides, they say the most benefit comes from the first month anyway. :-) Rock on girly, you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing wonderful Kate, 3 months is awesome! I don't know if you remember and e-mail we sent back and forth before the dudes came and I said shared some advice from my SIL who has 5 kids. She said there are no awards for breastfeeding, basically just doing what you can for your baby and yourself is the best job you can do. She always gives up early because it is just too much for her and she can't give her baby as much of herself. You are really doing a wonderful job, no guilt about anything!

    Enjoy your HS reunion, N sounds like a blast. I know it will be hard not to worry about the figure issues, but just remember you just had TWINS, were on bedrest forever, and still look better than the majority of people there!

    ReplyDelete