Saturday, July 18, 2009

Staying Home

Being a SAHM is not something i ever thought i'd want to do. in my past life, i was a super driven, crazy ambitious type-A personality, (ok, so i'm still a type-A), & i always thought it would be incredibly boring to stay home with little ones. granted, sometimes i do go a little stir-crazy & crave some adult company, but for the most part i LOVE being home with my guys. it's so funny to me to look back on where i thought i'd be in my life right now. this is so different from what i had planned. i was supposed to be at a big chicago firm, working like crazy, making loads of $, & single, of course. instead, i'm married with 2 kids, making things work on a single income & living in the same town where i grew up. i could not be happier.
i love that i'm the one who gets to see my boys' first sleepy smiles after their naps, that every day i get playtime with my guys & as many cuddles as i can squeeze in. i love that i've never missed a "first", & it may sound a bit selfish, but i love being the center of their world. i know that the older they get, the less they'll be my babies & the more they'll be daddy's boys, so i jealously guard my baby days-- i know they're numbered.
yes, we'd have more $ if i worked, & i do plan to go back to work when the kids are older, but for now, i'm content with "mom" being my only job.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! Honestly, it only gets better as they get older. It can get very lonely when they are babies, but when they hit toddler age they become your friend. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a SAHM is very hard work. But the pay is so worth it. Nothing pays more then knowing you are the center of someones world, the hugs, the kisses and all the firsts are the bonuses.

    ReplyDelete