Thursday, July 2, 2009

it's (sort of) official...

looks like N will be getting laid off in october. i'm not going to say much about his future job plans yet, but we're hopeful we have some options. we'll see....
& we decided this is not the time for me to go back to school. which is really the least of our worries at the moment. sigh... we could use a break. but so could a ton of other families....

all of my family is up north right now (my folks & all my aunts have houses up north in MI in the same neighborhood) so everyone is celebrating the holiday. N is working all week tho, & i decided i wasn't up to a long drive & attempting to "vacation" by myself with the dudes quite yet. especially since they're too little for the beach, & still not sleeping through the night. my folks are really bummed we aren't up there & keep calling to say "come up, come up" but no matter how many times i try to explain the amount of work involved in traveling with multiples who puke all the time & don't yet sleep through the night, they don't quite seem to grasp it how stressful & non-vacation-y a solo trip with the dudes would be. ah well. next year hopefully they'll be sleeping better & puking less & i keep thinking (& please don't tell me if i'm wrong!) that it will be easier to travel with 1 yr old than it is with infants.

5 comments:

  1. i'm sorry about your dh's job. Oh lord, it was hard traveling with one infant, i can't imagine traveling with two. alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it sure as heck is easier to travel with a 7 month old than with a 3 month old (our only trips I will say) so it must be even easier with a one year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying that your other options for your DH's job are great ones!

    I can't blame you for not wanting to travel alone. You are absolutely right, it's not very vacationy when you are traveling with small children, not to mention alone. I've done a LOT of travel with DS (now 2), a lot! And sometimes it was alone...but for me, it was only ever one!!! I don't think I can compare my one child to twin babies! I'm with ya on not traveling! Lord help me, next week I fly to my parents with a 2 year old and a 4 month old!! What was I thinking...pray for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol-- good luck michelle!!!

    & thanks guys... i'll keep you all posted on the job front....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for N's job and the future options. Maybe Oregon will be one of them?? ;)

    It is SO much easier to travel when they are 1! They can move to forward facing seats and usually keep themselves entertained, if not you just buy a DVD player and your golden. :) You WILL get through this, it only gets more fun the older they get!

    ReplyDelete