Thursday, July 22, 2010

green acres

we're visiting the in-laws soon, up on their farm (it's not a real farm, but it used to be, & they still keep horses & some pasture.) hopefully it will be a good trip. N's folks haven't met emma yet, & his mom hasn't seen the guys in almost a year so everyone is (hopefully) looking forward to it.

i'm mostly just hoping conrad doesn't have an awful allergy flare-up. his excema is horrible right now & we're headed to a house with 4 giant dogs. (he's allergic to dogs.) so we've loaded up on zy.rtec & steroids & hoping for the best.

& i'm hoping no one freaks out over me nursing em. it's their house, so i'll be discreet (i always am anyways, i don't like showing lots of boob in public. nothing against those who do, show all you want-- it doesn't bother me to see it, i just prefer to hide mine.) anyways-- i'm not sure what the ettiquette is for nursing in the home of in-laws who aren't really pro-bfing.



as an aside, it occurs to me that this blog has gotten incredibly boring. the minutia of my life pry isn't very interesting to anyone else. sorry about that, if anyone is still reading. i now get enough sleep to think of other topics to write about, but still don't get enough free time to write about them. at least it's progress in the right direction tho!

3 comments:

  1. I still read :) I hope you have a nice and uneventful trip to your in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: nursing - just excuse yourself to whatever room you guys are sleeping (or wherever you can have comfort and privacy) in to nurse. I can't imagine they'd freak out, would they? bottom line - the kid needs to eat. I found that nursing was an awesome excuse to get away for a half an hour of sanity when doing family visits, even when he didn't need to nurse :) I guess it just gets a little more tough if you're out and about around town though. Just bring a nursing cover or a blanket and cross your fingers for a little bit of privacy somewhere?

    have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Red's thought about nursing, gives a great excuse to 'get away'...and plus, if they don't like it, reason to head out early.

    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Con doesn't have a worsening of his excema!

    Try to have fun,even if for a few moments, if you can!

    ReplyDelete