Friday, July 9, 2010

random recipe

we like spicy in this house, & the dudes are no exception. so we have a hard time getting them to eat usual toddler foods, but i found this chicken strips recipe & they (& we) love it! & it's super easy & quick, which is nice for me, since i get about 20 mins to throw dinner together.

it's a lb of chicken tenderloins (the little chicken breast strips, but i guess you could also just use boneless skinless chicken breasts), that you dip in catalina dressing, & then dredge in breadcrumbs & bake for 20 mins at 350. i've also added frank's hot sauce to the mix, & subbed italian dressing for catalina & it's good pretty much no matter what. & the guys actually EAT it, rather than feeding it to the cats! (ok, so the cats still get more than their fair share, but whatever. as long as the boys eat too, i'm happy.)

do you all have any quickie kiddie favs to share?

4 comments:

  1. That sounds good. I really dont have any favorite recipes. Ive been experimenting with veggies lately mainly squash and the kids fav is fried squash with okra and squash fried with cucumbers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything italian goes over well in my house (with me being the exception).

    Another the kids totally dig are taco eggrolls, which is just taco meat with a little cheese in an egg roll wrapper and deep fry. You could cook the meat in advance, or even in a crockpot.

    Cheese fries, which is just french fries with cheese and bacon dipped in ranch dressing.

    Cha Gio (vietnamese eggs rolls) but those take a long time to make. I normally do a huge batch and freeze most of them, I do these at the same time I do the curry soup and make several meals at once.

    Hamburger pie, which in my house that is mashed potatoes with a gravy of hamburger, cream of mushroom soup, and green beans. Topped with cheese.

    I am sure I could come up with more, but that is all that comes to mind that all my kids seem to like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, that sounds great!

    Kim, thanks, now I want tacos...again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum, hamburger pie sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete