Wednesday, May 12, 2010

10 quirks

yup, i stole this. it looked like fun & i have nothing to say that's not whiney so i thought i'd blog this instead of complaining.

1. i hate public pooping. i get that sometimes it's unavoidable, but smelling some strangers sh*t grosses me out so much i will about face & run from any public bathroom if there is a hint of poop funk in the air.

2. i think spiders are evil. i cannot stand them & use our cat felon to kill them when N is unavailable.

3. i LOVE sunglasses & own at least 20 pairs. they just make me happy. i think it's bc i wore glasses for so many years & could never wear sunglasses, so now that i can (contacts) i go a bit overboard.

4. altho i love being a SAHM, i still feel residual guilt for not using any of my expensive degrees anymore, & worry that people think i'm a bit of a loser for chosing this life instead of the prestige & money. & i do miss the money....

5. i cannot live without IB.C rootbeer.

6. i'm scared of chemicals & am psycho about feeding the kids only organic everything & using only kid & animal safe cleaners. (lots of vinegar & baking soda, & method cleaners.) my mom & most of my friends think i'm nuts.

7. i don't think i will ever wear shorts again, & have serious doubts about wearing a bathing suit. i hate stretch marks, & have so many on my legs (including all around my calves) from the guys that have only gotten worse with this pregnancy, i'm not sure i'll ever feel comfortable showing much skin again. which is odd for me, since i used to be very confident with how i looked, & now i find myself trying to come to terms with the "new" me & struggling.

8. i used to be a fan of sex with eyes wide open, but ever since the boys' pregnancy i keep them tight shut. not bc i don't want to see N, but bc i don't want to accidentally catch a glimpse of me.

9. i don't miss meat & am planning on staying a (mostly) vegetarian after 3 is born.

10. i don't really mind waking up with the boys at 3 in the morning. they're so sweet & cuddley & i treasure the quiet moments with them. altho i know it drives N nuts, i'm not ready to give it up yet & am glad they aren't ready either.

6 comments:

  1. #2 - I had a very funny vision of you picking up your cat and using his body to squish the spiders. :P We have a spider hunting and eating cat too that earns his keep here the same way though so I do know what you mean but it still cracked me up!

    #7 - They do get better, not great, but better.

    #8 - Um, yeah. Me too.

    #10 - Me neither, I just wish it wasn't one and four and five too. :P

    I'll be stealing this next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 umm yeah right there with you. I am bad enough I will go until I feel my bladder ready to burst before I will use a public restroom.

    #4 no high paying degree here, but I am so ready for a real job. I am not cut out to be a SAHM.

    #7, yes they do get better. Capri's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4 - don't feel guilty!! and im sure no one thinks you're a loser. and if they do - f*ck'em! (sorry) you have plenty of time after the kids are in school to go back to work!

    #10 - i don't mind getting up in the middle of the night with my little guy at all. i swear when i go in there to take a nightly pic for my sister, i will sometimes "accidentally" wake him up just so i can pick him up and love him because he's too tired and half asleep and won't fight me! it's the "it's too early to be up for the day already (anytime before 6, which is weird, because im not the one who gets up with him in the morning) wakies that make me crabby.

    yay lists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #6 really hit home for me...I am terrified of chemicals... seriously terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't use chemical cleaners either and I am slowly going more organic.

    I am struggling with my post baby body too. Its never going to be the same and I am having a really hard time with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with 7 and 8!!!

    ReplyDelete