Saturday, May 29, 2010

5am

& up all by my lonesome.

i *should* be taking advantage of my last weekend to sleep in, since N is home to get up with the boys but sleep is elusive this morning soi gave up at 5 & just got up.

for those interested: contrax continue so far this morning, but am hoping they chill soon. am going to try to convinced N to stay quiet at home today so i can relax & not do much. carting my boys around triggers TONS of contractions, & the suckers freaking hurt (the contrax, not the dudes!) & we're supposed to go to a wedding tonight. or at least the reception, we're skipping the wedding for reasons of comfort (as in, the pregannt woman cannot face an hour long drive to sit in a hard church pew right now).
& bc i can go off on a tangent, i'm going to-- the girl getting married is the 18yo daughter of some friends from church. now i happen to think 18 is kinda young to be married, but whatever, to each their own. i'm not going to knock them bc of their age. that said, when they registered (2 weeks ago!!) apparently they only registered for all the most expensive things at BB&B. now, we aren't rich & i seriously doubt any of their parent's friends or their own 18yo friends are very wealthy, so why on earth did they ask for $100 crock pots? or a $90 knife? (yup, ONE knife!) or a $400 pot & pan set? i know they need some things to get started & i would have liked to get them an actual gift, but good lord-- we can't afford that crap! there were NO reasonably priced gifts on the list. sigh. so we chalked the crazy registry up to inexperience & just got them a gift card. & i'm guessing that's what everyone did, since i went shopping yesterday, the wedding is today & there was NOTHING purchased off their registry. you'd think the parents would have takled some sense into the kids, but who knows. people are weird.

& that's all i have this early in the morning. if you're on my list to be texted, i promise (again) that if anythign exciting happens (like we really go into labor) you'll hear from me. :) enjoy the holiday weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I think you need to post a "rules" posting...So that when you do text us, we know what we are or are not allowed to say on our blogs/facebook. Like can we say "Yeah I was hoping for a girl! Congrats on her birth"? Or "Wow you are really out numbered now with 4 guys surrounding you!". Do let us know so we don't break any rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karianne, I have thought about this.. I think for myself I will say nothing more then Congrats on #3 until she gets home.. Unless she says otherwise. :0)

    Oh and the girl.. My niece, who has been taught different did that on not only her baby shower, but also on her wedding reg. The cheapest item on her baby shower was 40 bucks-yeah seriously! On her wedding was 50. The thing that kills me, her husband used (keyword used) to have a lot of money. They really didn't need anything. Now that the money has ran out they do (they sold everything no jobs, and no medical).

    Anyway, my point.. Young and dumb. They have no concept of money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I on the text list? heheee

    I got married at 18...divorced at 21. Yeah right tere with ya, but I won't knock it either, my friend S was married at 17, she's still happily married, so it can work too...

    and I HATE registries...they are often pricier then a pocketbook!

    ReplyDelete