Friday, May 14, 2010

10 reasons i love my life right now (or: a break from the whiney preggo rants)

1. conrad is GAINING weight! he's spunkier than ever & definetly feeling his wheaties lately, & i am SO thrilled. val has his playmate back, & both my guys are on the growth charts! :)



2. i got the start of my garden today.



3. N & i got to go to breakfast all by ourselves this morning, thanks to my wonderful mom. i can't remember the last time we went anywhere together without kids. it was awesome.



4. N finally opened up about what's been stressing him. (the expense of another baby. i figured that was it, but am glad he finally TALKED to me about it. we re-did our budget & planned out our next few months & i think he's feeling more in control again.)



5. despite my total lack of confidence in my looks lately & the fact that i've gained a ton of weight, lots more stretch marks & permanent dark circles under my eyes, for about an hour today my husband made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.



6. the guys are learning so much lately, everyday they find something new & it is an absolute joy to watch them discover the world.



7. we got our first peek at 3's face. there was still an arm thrown across it, but from what i could see, 3's going to be pretty cute!



8. we have (almost everything) we need for 3!!

9. N is marinating ribs right now for a bbq tomorrow :)

10. i actually had a few spare moments to reflect on how incredibly lucky i am to live this life. uplifting introspective moments have become rare for me lately, & it was nice to be reminded how lucky we really are.

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you!!! Can't wait to see pics of #3! M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're happy :-)

    ReplyDelete