Tuesday, December 15, 2009

a list of random thoughts (bc i like lists)

  • i love the price is right. it's cheesey & the prizes are totally screwy & i just love it. i used to watch with my gram when i was small, my roommate jess & i watched thru law school, & now i watch during the boys' morning nap while doing laundry. there is just something satisfying about watching total strangers go ape-sh*t over a portable electric fireplace & a collection of hot pink high heels. & then of course, there's those who pretty much go into caridac arrest after hearing "how about a new car!" i love it. long live the price is right!

  • my grandpa sent us our first christmas ham this year. he sends one every year to my folks, & i guess now that we have kids, we qualify as a "family" in need of a christmas ham. which is awesome, bc the hams are super delicious. so i called my dad ASAP to claim christmas for our ham. they'll just have to find some other occasion for theirs!

  • i really need to get to the post office this week. i have to mail presents to VA, & NC & i have a pile of baby jeans, sleep sacs, etc for ms. mandy's baby n that are staring at me as i type. plus, i need christmas stamps to send out our holiday cards.

  • i feel mariginally better today, athough my back is still hurting (it's not a muscle pain, it's something internal & seriously uncomfortable & annoying). but i was able to eat this morning, so i think that's helping. i'm hopeful i'll get the results of all my tests today, so they can do something about whatever is wrong. i'd really like to be feeling like myself for christmas. maybe i'm just anemic or something... that would be a nice, easy fix.

  • my brother is supposed to be on his way in today from IL. i'll believe it when i see him, but i'm hopeful he'll make it this time, if only for my parents' sake.

  • the boys have their second round of H1N1 shots this afternoon. we're on the waitlist for the seasonal. (our county is out of the infant seasonal shots, although they have plenty of the other kind... sigh.) i'm hopeful that by some miracle the seasonal will be in & we can get both, but i'll settle for the H1N1.

3 comments:

  1. I love lists too! They're great!

    Liam LOVES TPIR!!! He will sit and watch almost the whole thing without moving, it's hilarious!

    I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy your ham!

    (good luck getting the boys the seasonal shot!)

    I would bring your stuff to the PO, but I don't think that would get the things there when you need them huh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also love lists :)

    I hope you're feeling better! i must have missed a post somewhere.

    oh man, i was at the post office forever today! I hope whenever you go that it isn't too busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon!! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete