Sunday, December 13, 2009

meltdowns at the holiday party

N, me & the boys (playing with a paper plate)
me & my poor sweet con man

my aunt had our family christmas party last night, & it was the first time most of the extended fam met the dudes. my family is huge & noisy & ADORES babies, so i had no doubt the dudes would be well-recieved no matter what they did, but i was a little anxious about how the boys would react. we've kept them pretty cloistered, at first for fear of immature immune systems, & then bc of flu season, so crowds are a totally new experience for them.


last time we were in a big group (at N's parents') val had a meltdown, & this time it was conrad's turn. & wow, did he ever lose it. so i spent the first hour i was there trying to soothe a hysterically screaming baby. he finally screamed himself to sleep, & woke up a half hour later all smiles. at which point N graciously offered to take over. figures. val was totally charming & got played musical baby all night. & con man finally calmed down enough to go to my aunts' for a while (my mom's sisters, all of whom look & sound like her, so i'm sure that helped).

2 comments:

  1. Funny how babies react to family huh? I'm glad that after awhile Con figured out that it was all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured I would drop by with the URL..

    http://ppromqueen.blogspot.com/

    Your C may still get overstimulated. That is a very common lasting effect of being a preemie. Or it could be just he didn't want to be social. My C is okay in small settings with no more then 10 people, you add more than that he is in melt down, and he just can't handle it.

    BTW do you still need clothes? I have a few mainly capris and a few jeans. A couple of shirts, but they are not very cute... I think they are smalls and mediums with a few bigger shirts.

    ReplyDelete