Saturday, March 6, 2010

sock it to me baby!!

this is the first year i've participated in SITM, & this is my first post to show off my awesome new socks! this was a blast, & i'll definetly be doing it again. i highly recommend checking it out next time around. :)
my sock buddy was the super understanding niobe, author of www.deadbabyjokes.blogspot.com. unfortunately SITM coincided with my grandfather's passing & i got delayed in finding/sending socks. she totally rocked as a buddy despite my crappiness, & sent me these awesomely fuzzy socks that i've been wearing non-stop since i opened them. (please try to ignore the yucky swollen ankles... i do!)
& then, she also sent these crazy adorable argyle baby socks for con & val:
i mean, seriously-- how cool is that? to me, that's an above & beyond sock buddy, & is demonstrative of why i wanted to be part of SITM in the first place.
the blogging community has been such an amazing source of support, first following the losses of my first babies, then during a scary twin pregnancy, as a new mom, & finally as an unexpectedly expecting soon-to-be mom of 3. i would never have thought, 2 yrs ago, that this would be a venue where i'd find friends. real, honest to life friends. yet here i am-- connected to women across the country who were kind enough to reach out to me when i was struggling. i only hope that i've been half the friend to you all that you've been to me.
& now for some baby toes!!
here's conrad, modeling the argyle in orange:

& val'a chubby toes in a lovely sky blue:


thanks again niobe! & thanks to any one who takes the time to read my ramblings-- much love to you all! :)











2 comments:

  1. glad you got your socks! My ankles look lie yours every day...waht are you trying to say about me? Super cute baby toes!

    (I never did get socks...very sad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the feet! All three sets, (and even with swollen ankles)

    ~hugs~ Love ya Kate!

    ReplyDelete