Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Twin v. Singleton Belly: Part VI

27ish weeks with #3:
27 weeks with the boys:
i still think i'm almost the same size, the difference (that you can't see in these pics) is that i am WIDER this time, & carrying lower, whereas with the dudes both of them were right up front. this was confirmed for me by a very sweet Lebanese woman at my fav mid.eastern grocery, who exclaimed to me with a big smile this week, "oh my! you're growing so big & wide! are you sure you aren't having twins? no? well, it must be a big healthy baby boy!" this was meant as a compliment, so i took it in the spirit in which it was meant, but it gave me a good laugh, nonetheless. (no, i'm still not telling the sex!)
in other news, when we were in recovery at the hospital yesterday after conrad's surgery, the 2 nurses with us were also twin moms, with kids born at 33 weeks, & they were shocked at how huge our boys were. their kids were between 2 & 3 lbs, which is typical for 33 weekers, while our guys were 5 lbs each. i knew at the time that they were big, but hearing about other babies born at the same gestation just makes me realize all over again how incredibly lucky we were. (it also makes me slightly nervous about how big our singleton will be, but i guess that what i get for marrying a giant!)

5 comments:

  1. I think your smaller now. Your belly isn't up as high nor as low, and doesn't seem to be out as far. Overall it seems as if this baby is hanging out in front, and seems to be more balled up right in the center. But that is my thoughts on it.

    You did a wonderful job on the boys! 5 lbs at 33 weeks is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kim...I think you look smaller this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure I think you are the same, i think you are a little smaller, but carrying differently... like my opinion counts right? (But then again, i was expecting a belly pic of just #3, no comparisons.)

    I think it's funny how people have such a wide rage of opinions, LOL.

    Are you sure you weren't further along with the boys then 33 weeks, LOL, or the other moms further behind then THEY thought they were...heheeee

    and YAY for still not disclosing the gender...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the shirt kinda masks the belly in #3's pic, but i don't like to show off my stretch marks, so i prefer to cover the tummy this time around. :)
    & i do think i'm smaller, but not by much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its kinda hard to tell since the pics were taken at different distances but you still look great

    ReplyDelete