Saturday, September 26, 2009

Baby Blues

Nope, I'm not sad, it's just the color of my guys' eyes. Blue, blue, blue. How on God's green earth did i end up with blue eyed kids? the pedi doesn't seem to think they'll be changing much more, & Con's eyes are a nice slate grey-blue, & Val's are a pretty dark blue. yup, blue. i am armenian. like black hair, dark eyes, yellow (ok, olive, maybe?) skin, my family is from the middle east, & i have 2 fair haired, blue eyed dudes. N's folks were both brown & brown, N is brown & green, & no one seems to know where the blue snuck in. & somehow all my cousins (who are just as dark as me) who have kids also have blue eyed kids. i think their blue eyes are gorgeous, of course, but i also think it's pretty hilarious that i have such fair children.

when did your kids eyes finish changing?

3 comments:

  1. Baby K has crystal blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. I am a brown and brown , T is blue and brown. We were both blonde kids. Most of T's family and my sister and Mom are all blue eyed, so I am pretty sure she'll keep her blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first two look like me but my three week old has dark hair and dark eyes. I am fair with blond hair green eyes! I think it is so funny to look at him because I don't see me like i did with my first two! I stare at him all day!! My boys eyes finished changing around a year. They started off blue blue and are now blue green.
    I can't believe the boys are 6 months. I followed you on TTCAL Congrats!!! TDDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. DS was a shocker for blue too...I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for them to go brown since both DH and I are both brown eyes, brown hair. Nope, DS is 2.5 and still blue eyes, blonde hair! WHAT!?!?

    DD is more of what we expected, brown hair and by about 2 months, it was clear her eyes were going brown. Now at 7 months, they are very dark brown. Probably around 4-5 months is when they got to be their dark brown, no questions about it!

    ReplyDelete