Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Road Trip Time

i think i'm going up north tomorrow. (my folks have a place 3 hrs north of here, right by lake huron. that's one of the big lakes, for those of you not familiar with michigan.) with the dudes. by myself. we aren't going to chicago now bc of the pending layoff, & i'm just getting antsy of hanging around ypsi. not that there's tons to do up north in the fall, but at least it's a change of scene. so if i still feel brave enough to make the 3 hr drive solo with 2 teething babies tomorrow, i'll be MIA for a while.
N is so super excited at the prospect of being a bachelor for a week that i'm almost jealous. i was really looking forward to our night in chicago without babies or critters. i doubt i'd be happy being solo for a whole week, i know i'd pine away for my boys, but one night with no one to take care of would have been nice. instead, i'm settling for a change of locale & twice the work, hoping that the new scenery is enough to recharge me.

sat is also the 1st birthday party for my friend's little boy. i'm looking forward to seeing her & her son, but it's also a little bittersweet for me, since the son we lost would have been turning 1 this fall too. all of her boy's milestones remind me of him; they would have been so close in age. i love our twins, but i still miss the babies we didn't get to keep here with us. i'm just feeling kind of blue today, i guess.

boys are napping, so i should get packing. i have class tonight, so i won't have much time later. this will be N's first time putting the boys to bed by himself. hahahahaha!!! (evil laugh)

4 comments:

  1. Have a safe and wonderful trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO I hope the trip goes smoothly. Oh man, I hope your dh can get the boys down easily. :) My daughter is such a mama's girl that the dh can't get too much done with her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate,

    Thanks for sharing your journey with your family and the 2 new additions.

    I found your blog while searching for the best information on parenting. I think your blog is very helpful and believe that you could reach even more people if you joined Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN is comprised of over 2,600 of the web's best health writers and their content is read by over 6 million visitors a month at Wellsphere.com.

    For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.



    Best,

    Hua

    Director of Blogger Networks

    ReplyDelete