Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Shotgun Approach

yet another post of randomness. rather than try to organize my thoughts, i thought i'd just shoot them all at you. enjoy :)

- kudos to nancy, who not only took the time to read my response, but made some very positive comments. gotta love a woman with good blog ettiquette. we wish her lots of luck as murderita, the super hot burlesque dancing mama.

- i think i'm going to make an appointment to cut my hair next week, just as soon as i make sure i have N or my mom to watch the dudes. bob-city, here i come. hopefully, i'll look as good as karianne ;)

- i've been wanting to get some portraits of the dudes done for a while now, but the whole sears portrait scene is just not us. we're jeans & t's kind of people, & i've never cared for the "look at the birdie" kind of pics. so i called up our wedding photographer & she agreed to do some portraits of the guys. i'm super excited about this-- she has a journalism background & does only candids. i love love love the way our wedding pics came out (here's a link to a few i had in an earlier post: http://kprzy.blogspot.com/2009/03/wedding-pics-just-for-fun.html they're all candids (i.e. unposed) except for the one of N & I making stinky faces at the camera), & i'm very much looking forward to having some "official" portraits of the boys.) that said, i have no idea what to dress them in. i'm leaning towards just plain short-sleeve onesies, so baby toes are visible. I think pictures should be about the people, not the clothes, so i want to stay really simple. i want the boys to look like themselves, you know? but i also don't want us all to be matchy either. maybe plain t-shirts for N & me & different colored onesies for the guys? maybe onesies are kind of trite tho.... i could do some kind of "outfit" i guess... any thoughts? suggestions? what did you all put your babies in for their first portraits?

- the boys have their 6 mo. dr. appt. tomorrow. shots & weights & all that fun stuff. i'm going to ask about starting more than just cereal (i think they're ready) & of course, question our pedi on the H1N1 flu shot dilemma. should we or shouldn't we? i'm leaning toward should. i'm absolutely terrified of the boys getting really sick.

- RIP clove cigarettes, chosen smoke of all the wannabe ypsi-tucky/thug allstar lowlifes i've ever known. (yes, i may have smoked a few in my day.) They've been officially banned by the FDA. kinda makes me a little nostalgic.

- happy wednesday all!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate! We do not know each other but I read about your blog on Nancy's and I also read your response to her post. From that, I decided that I would come and check out your blog.

    I also have twins boys and mine are approaching 17 months old. So, I have pretty much been where you are now. So, I am someone who can generally relate. Feel free to check out my blog.

    We had professional shots taken of the boys when they were 5 weeks old. They were mostly naked except for the family photo. They were wearing matching onesies. It's the picture in my profile, by the way, in case you want to check it out. I agree to try and keep them looking like they usually do especially if the shots are going to be candid.

    Have a happy Wednesday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to post about cloves onmy page...come read...

    As far as dressing the boys, I vote for onesies or just plain diapers with you and N dressed in a plain shirt and jeans.

    Oh...and you will look SUPER HOT with your hair short, long, bobbed, or layered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the clothes depend on if you are going to keep them color or black and white/sepia.

    If it were me, I would go with just plain colors. Maybe some with all of you in jeans and t-shirts, some with the boys in onsies, and some in diapers.. I think you could get really creative if your willing to dress/undress.

    Nancy is awesome. I have been a long time reader, I just don't comment. I feel lost in the swarms of commenters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kudos right back at you for not jumping on the offensive and really talking it out. I think you rule for that!

    ReplyDelete