Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stoner Sing Alongs

so i think the verdict for portraits is onesies & dipes, & jeans & t's for me & N. i'll just do slightly different onesies for the boys so they aren't matching... i know it's cute to have twins match, but we try really hard to make sure people see them as 2 distinct entities, not "the twins", & clothes is an easy way to do that. & i think i'll get my hair cut before then too... i'm kinda excited about the big chop. :) especially since now i mostly just look shaggy.



& here's my random question of the day: do you edit your music choices around your babies?

yesterday i was singing to conrad (who LOVES music) & N pointed out to me that the song i was singing (which was very cheery & upbeat, mind you) was about smoking up & getting stoned. oops. i am a GREAT mom.
inspired by that incident, i was perusing our ipod, & our playlists are not very kid-appropriate. i haven't done any editing yet, bc quite frankly, i like our music, but i suppose i'll have to eventually so the boys don't show up to preschool singing about the joys of pot. or sundry other inappropriate things. (lest you all think we're unfit parents, let me also point out here than N & I are by no stretch of the imagination stoners or whatever. but i did grow up in ypsi. for those of you who aren't familiar with my town, you'll just have to take my word that "ypsi" is explanation enough. think detroit, but smaller.)

5 comments:

  1. I have not altered my music to be kid friendly either. However, most of what I listen to is pretty innocent (and harder to read into), there were times when I thought I was being a bad mommy. We tend to have the radio on all the time in our house, so the boys listen to whatever is on the radio. If you look at a post on my blog from a few months ago, Nicolas loved the song "Womanizer" by Britney Spears. So, I am also very guilty of not editing my music choices.

    As for the outfits for the pictures it sounds like a great idea. We generally have the boys in the same outfit but different colors (except for the professional pictures, for some reason). I too try and not always dress them the same since they are two different people. However, it doesn't take long for someone to realize just how different they truly are... personality and look-wise. I don't think we will run into having them always categorized as "the twins" very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No my kids listen to what we listen to. Well the younger ones. BUT we listen to everything from old school rap (when it was still good) to country, with even a little classical in the mix. Our goal is for our children to like a wide array of music not just one genre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't edit. i like mellow stuff-dave matthews, coldplay, jack johnson. :)

    the pictures sound like they will turn out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ypsi...represent! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, we have a lot of kid unfriendly stuff we should go through too.... lol

    ReplyDelete