Tuesday, January 26, 2010

my dudes at 10 mos.

bc i haven't devoted a whole post to my dudes lately, here is one jsut for them (with pics!)

val & his sippy (hates juice, loves water & LOVES his sippy!)
con with "moby" the whale :)

  • conrad has totally taken off with his crawling lately. he has a totally different appraoch than val & it's really fun to see the different ways they each choose to approach the world. to make the crawling even more awesome, the boys have discovered their own little game of "chase me", in which one of them takes off & the other one follows. usually val is in the lead, & he'll stop every so often to look back at con & giggle, which cracks them both up. when they finally catch each other, a bout of baby wrestling usually ensues, & they both think it's hysterical. i honestly cannot think of anything cuter than watching my boys play together-- to me, it is the single most rewarding part of having twins & really makes me glad #3 will be so close in age to the big brothers.


  • both guys have figured out how to turn the pages of board books, & they LOVE it. conrad waits for me to say "turn the page", but val gets really excited & tries to turn the page right away.


  • val is working on saying "kitty". there's a definite "keeh" coming from him everytime one of the cats comes by (which is often). & he also says "mama", but only when he's upset & wants me to hold him. so i'm not sure if he means me, or just associates "mama" with comfort.


  • conrad is stuck on "baba" & "da", but he does seem to associate "da" with N... there is no "mama" coming from the kid tho. oh well, maybe #3 will say "mama" first! some one has to love me better than the kitties & daddy, right? ;)


  • they're both in size 18mo. clothes. which is nuts. i think all the baby clothes manufacturers intentionally make everything too small!


  • they both have started banging toys (usually very noisy ones) together, & have an fantastic pincer grip going. it's like in the past week they just took off with all kinds of cool new baby skills, & i love seeing how thrilled they are with each new experience. conrad always works very carefully until he's perfected each new skill, & val just plows ahead with whatever he's doing.

  • neither dude likes juice or sweets. they like fruit & veggies & pasta & cheese, but so far have no sweet tooth. they love water tho, & val adores his sippy. he throws his whole head back to chug (he's like a mini-frat boy!). con, however, does not enjoy his sippy & prefers to drink from a cup. (with help) he does great with the cup, but has total disdain for the sippy since we've been letting him drink from a "big boy" cup. funny kid.

so that's a little peek into the lifestyle of the stinky & crawling. :) & since i spent a whole post talking about my little goobers, feel free to share something fun about yours in comments!

8 comments:

  1. They are so stinkin cute!!! I can't believe they are ten months already!

    Lets see, not a whole lot of news with a 4 year old. She is in preschool, but at home we are working on a first grade workbook and she is kicking booty. She has been reading books for a little while and is loving it. I guess that's about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update on them! They are growing up sooo fast, I love reading about them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so adorable,Sounds like they are doing great. I would have to agree about the clothes being smaller.

    Maddox has started to recently pull up on things gets into every thing and trys to eat what ever he finds in the floor. He also goes where he knows is off limits like the kitchen, he'll crawl towards it turn around give you a grin and take off giggling

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! I can't believe they are 10 months old already...but I can't believe Noah is as old as he is either. It's about time to start party planning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that story about their crawl-chasing is just too cute! You should catch it on video!

    They are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that just sounded so dang cute! I can't believe 18 month clothes?!? C is still in 12 month clothes, the 18 month pants drag, but the shirts are okay.

    It also sounds like the boys are right about where C is development wise, WTG!

    And your rug, looks almost like mine, I had to giggle a little when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mentioned it on FB, but Nolan has gotten so dramatic. He screams if you leave him crying for longer than he thinks he should be left. Not that I leave my kid crying for long periods of time, LOL!! I started reading Fellowship of the Ring to him, and while I wouldn't say he is fascinated, he stayed awake for a long time while I read to him!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys are way too cute! I can definitely sympathize with the first words. Audrey's second word was "kitty" and no joke - Paul and I were both daddy until she was almost two...

    ReplyDelete