Thursday, January 21, 2010

i'm not ready

i am soooo not ready for another newborn.

val got up at 2 last night (this morning?) & was just miserable. nothing was really wrong with him, it was just one of those nights. (& i think he had to poop. he finally let one go around 6 & seemed to feel better after that.) anyways, i was on my own last night with the guys & usually, despite my b*tching here, i'm pretty patient with them at night when they're fussy, but last night around 4am i just cracked. i couldn't get the boy to stop crying, & was on the verge of tears myself, so i totally gave up on trying to put him back to sleep & just took him into the living room where we watched crappy tv & i let him play with the cats until he was too tired to keep his eyes open anymore.
of course, by that point conrad was up for the day.

the point of this story is that i am tired. very tired. i hate being this tired. i like sleep. newborns don't let you sleep. i am NOT ready for less sleep. i know it's not 3's fault, but we didn't plan on this kiddo right now, & i am so not in the mindset to be ready for another newborn. hopefully i get there in the next few months....

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I get 4-6 hours usually since Eli wakes me and then I can't fall alseep again. Noah sleeps pretty well, but we have had constant teething for 2 months and has been up once a night about half the time. I just don't know how I am going to get by...but we can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't shoot rainbows up your ass and say it is easy. It isn't. BUT, you do get used to it.

    I don't talk about it, but R is my bad sleeper. She still does not sleep through the night. She is up more then C. I haven't slept all night for more than a random night here and there since 2005.

    You do just adjust. You do get used to it. Doesn't mean your not tired, you are. But it becomes a different tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGS!! The first few weeks/months will be really hard, but it will be so worth it when your kiddos are older and so close.

    ReplyDelete