Friday, January 1, 2010

a post devoted to #3

the past couple days i've really been feeling alot more movement from #3. it's actually making me feel kind of excited about this baby. :)

in a burst of recent optimism, i'm also feeling surprisingly confident that we'll be able to handle 3 kids age 1 & under. i'm not entirely sure where its coming from, but i'll take it.

parents of triplets do it. so why can't i? i didn't know how i'd handle twins, & we figured it out. (mostly i learned that having the kids on a schedule is crucial, as is asking for help when you need it! it's also been important to remember that no one ever died from crying-- when you have multiples, there will be times when everyone is upset & you just can't be everything to everyone all the time.) anyways, i'm assuming that although we'll have days when we want to kill each other & sell the kids to the gypsies, eventually we'll figure things out & life will find a new rhythm. that's what i'm banking on, anyways. i'm sure i'll be singing a different tune once i'm actually dealing with 3 babies, but for now, i'm just going to run with the optimism.


in related news: we're still undecided on whether to find out the sex. our 20 week u/s is on the 19th, & altho i have appts between now & then, both our docs refuse to "guess" or even look before 20 weeks, so we have a little time to decide. we have a girl's name picked out, but none for a boy. no, it's not bc we're hoping for a girl, it's jsut that we "used up" all our boys' names on the dudes so we're starting from scratch with names if it's dude #3.

i've also decided that all we need for #3 is the following:
- a stroller (we're going to get a single to go with our double, rather than spending the really big bucks on a triple.)
- a glider. (i refuse to have another newborn in the house without some sort of rocker.)
- a wrap or sling or some sort. (i want to be able to wear this baby. in my head, that will help me spend the time with #3 & still have some hands free for the dudes. any recomendations guys?)

& that's it. we still have everything baby x2, so it's not a long list, although i'm sure i'll find things to add on as time passes, i think those are the only essentials.

6 comments:

  1. You'll do great Kate. I love that you know you'll have rough moments, but that it will be ok.

    Finding out the gender or not, hmm. your call. I would love to be yellow team all the way, but Jeff likes to know these things, and so he couldn't know without me knowing, so we found out (although with the twins, it was different circumstances...I figured knowing we may be on limited time with them, knowing the gender was important...)

    And a glider, YES, you NEED one. I still have, and use, and LOVE the one my mom got me when I was preggo with Kae 12+ years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...I got a glider for this go around and already love it! Thankfully I got it all put together in time for our teething marathon and it is so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard great things about the Moby wrap I wish I had one when mine was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love our glider....

    You will handle 3 like a champ....

    I am hoping you will need to add pink to that list of things you need :) But would also be psyched if another dude got to wear both my sweat suits!

    I was on the yellow team all the way, we had no idea Baby K was a girl (although we both pretty much felt like it was a girl from the beginning). If we ever do it again, I'll do it totally different and find out the gender...seeing as though I already have so much, and I made sure to get a lot of gender neutral in the beginning...

    Enough of my rambling...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will do awesome. Of course there will be bad days, but the baby days will be over before you know it. I have a 14 yr old, 13 yr old, 3 yr old and a 1 yr old, and heck I still have days I want to curl up in a ball and cry. But we keep moving forward. =0)

    Finding out, I could never do yellow. I caved with C. I had no baby gear left, I gave it all away so I had to buy new. I wanted to know if I needed pink or blue. But then I am totally not a fan of green or yellow.

    ReplyDelete