Friday, January 29, 2010

A Random List (oh how i love lists!)

while i'm waiting for my delicious stouffer's pizza to cook, i thought i'd update with a super fun (for me) list!

  • i've found a down side to not telling anyone the sex of 3. bc it's a secret, i can't discuss with anyone how i feel about having a (blank). the only other person who knows is N, & he's always kind of "eh" about any baby until it's actually in his arms. (not that he's not happy or excited, he is. it's just an abstract kind of thing for him right now. i think its just bc he can't really get to know the kid til then. it's not that he doesn't care, he just doesn't have the same kind of attachment that i do, bc he's not the one carrying the kid, you know?) anyways-- i'm SOL here, & it kind of stinks. (but not enough to make me spill. sorry guys!)
  • i'm looking forward to going up north on sunday. i'll be gone sun-sun, & it shold be a nice break from the same 4 walls i see every day here. not that there's alot to do with 2 babies in the frozen tundra that is northern MI right now, but at least it will be a change of scene & my mom will be around everyday to hang out with me & the guys, which will be a nice break for me!
  • i've decided that i HATE when N works nights. screws up our whole family's rhythym & he turns into a very grouchy zombie. altho the $ is nice, so i put up with it in short doses.
  • the boys are super velcro kids the past couple days. like crawling to follow me into the bathroom, hanging on me constantly, crying when i leave the room kind of attached. both are cutting teeth, so i think this has something to do with it. more than that tho, they're both in differing stages of "stand up"-- val wants to practice "walk" & standing up & sitting down, & conrad wants to stand (all the time). neither of them can do these respective skills by themselves yet, so they want to hang on mom to practice. which is fine, it's actually pretty cute & i'm glad they're working on new things. it's just that having 4 little arms & legs clinging to you at all times & another set kicking from the inside (thanks 3!) is a bit exhausting.
  • my pizza is now done, so i'm going to go load it up with the spiciest peppers i can find & chow down.
  • happy friday kids!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is really hard to be only two people to know what you are having....really hard!! I'm sorry you don't have any one to talk to, maybe tell one person..someone you can confide in to not tell anyone else.

    I hope you have tons of fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the secrecy Kate! You can do it! While you are right,t here is no one to say "blah blah blah" to, it's great....I loved every second of it...and every "tell just meeeeee"..

    I hope you have fun while you are away, and get some 'you' time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! You keep just dangling the fact we do not know the gender right there, you suck. Thanks Iiri!

    I have decided I like yellow team better, if you don't know the thought just kind of goes away and you don't watch every word seeing if you will hint or slip.

    I had more but R and C are crying.

    ReplyDelete