Wednesday, May 6, 2009

At least the boys are doing well....

Update on my dudes: We had a check up for both guys today. Con is doing better on his prevacid-- the reflux isn't totally cured, but much better & hpoefully will continue to improve. He's up to 8lbs 13oz now! Val we had in bc he's been having puking episodes where he projectile vomits his entire feeding-- it's like The Exorcist & very not cool. The pedi. couldn't find anything physically wrong with him, so we're going to continue to watch him & if he starts doing it more than once a day we'll have to have some more tests done. For now we're just watching him & hoping it's bc he's a big piggy-- little dude now weighs 9lbs 2oz!! They've been getting up to eat like every hour & a half this week, which is brutal, but at least they're growing well.

In less cool news, the state of MI is in huge debt & doing major budget cutbacks, & the incredibly stupid powers that be have laid off 100 state troopers, including most of N's class. Although the cuts this time weren't deep enough to affect N, alot of our friends will be out of a job come June. & the next round of cuts, (which they're threatening), would include N. Which would leave us in all kinds of trouble & likely force us to move out of state, which we REALLY do not want to do. We specifically moved here to be near family & raise our kids, & while we will do what we need to in order to get by, the thought of leaving our home & family is more than I can bear right now.

In more uncool news, my 94 yr old grandfather, who until recently has been in amazing health, is in a semi-coma state after a surgery. My dad is on his way to Grand Rapids to be with him now & we're hoping he makes a come back-- he's done it before & is the toughest old guy I've ever known, so if anyone can do it, I'm sure he can. He's always been in such great health & seemed so indestructable despite his age that I just can't picture things without him. So please, if you all can spare a moment, think some good thoughts for him.

6 comments:

  1. Sending healing thoughts for your grandfather.

    I will pray for your husbands job. I know how difficult it is to live away from family and moving with two little ones is going to be even more difficult.

    Glad to hear that both babies are gaining weight so well!! I hope Val gets better quickly and stops projectile puking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good thoughts all around. Not only for your grandfather, but for N's job also.

    Great weights on the little dudes wow WTG momma!! Hope the vomit episodes ends soon for you. Nothing like a stinky baby, and a stinky momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tough time for you, I am so sorry. I will pray for your Grandpa and for N's job. HUGS girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of good thoughts coming your way for your Grandfather..and for N's job.

    WTG on the boys...Ya know B had the projectile vomiting too..our DR never could find anything wrong and he finally outgrew it..it was really gross tho and not fun for me since he only did it when I held him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your boys are growing wonderfully! And that the reflux is at least showing some improvement...I hope it continues to get better.

    I will be praying for N's coworkers and his future as well. And also sending prayers for your grandfather.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry you're having to deal with so much stress right now, I know it must be taking its toll on you. Just know that lots of us are here cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete