Friday, May 29, 2009

Pregnancy Sex?

I was just talking with some one about the whole post babies sex debate, & she mentioned how sexy she felt while preggo. Which got me thinking. I know some women see pregnancy bodies as beautiful, & a sign of ultimate femininity & power, & that makes them feel sexy, but for me, the giant swollen belly was NOT a turn on.

Even had I been able to have sex, once I got to a certain size, (which happened fairly quickly considering I was carrying 2), I mostly felt like a beached whale. You can't move well, rolling over is darn near impossible, my back hurt no matter what position I was in & (sorry to be gross), but some parts of me were so swollen that I'm not even sure if sex would have been possible! :P

I have to say I am not one of those women who loved being preggo & loved her preggo body-- I loved it only for what it could do (namely, grow my beautiful babies), but I was more than happy to give it up & shrink back to a more comfortable size. & I think N felt the same way-- when we would do some safe playing around, he always went out of his way to avoid touching the belly. I guess neither of us found the baby-carrying body a very sexy thing. Wonderful, amazing, miraculous even, but not sexy.

When I explained all this to my friend, she thought I was nuts. What do you think? is pregnancy sexy?

5 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you. Miraculous, but not sexy. Between the gas ( coming out both ends), discharge, nausea, etc. . . How could you possibly feel sexy??

    ~Candi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay at first yeah the pregnant body can be. We are talking when the boobs have swollen, and your not showing yet.

    Once you really start to show, oh hell no. No, no way.

    But this is IF smells don't have you running to the bathroom. If you don't have the most ungodly smells coming from both ends. I could go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think pregnant women are sexy, and I felt sexy...sort of. But DH did NOT LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, didn't feel sexy at all. i was swollen for a good part of my preg too, ew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't exactly feel sexy, but not unattractive either. However, DH is one that found me VERY sexy while preggo!

    ReplyDelete