Thursday, August 27, 2009

not to be outdone by his brother...

con man is teething too!
he has one working its way thru on top, in front. he's such a good baby we've barely noticed extra grumpiness, but i gave him a frozen washcloth & he gnawed on it like his life depended on it, so it must have felt good. poor little dude!

so lately i have been getting really bored in the afternoons. i have no excuse, as there is always stuff to do around the house, but when the dudes are up & active i try to play with them instead, but i think we've hit a rut. anyone have any brilliant ideas to entertain 4(ish) mo. old babies?
i should probably bite the bullet & start taking them out by myself during the day, it's just SO much work to load up all our gear & move them all by myself... & really, what do you do out by yourself with 2 infants? its too many carseats to go shopping (i can't push both a stroller & a cart), it's rainy & yucky so we can't go to the park, so other than walking random circles around the mall, what is there?

here's our usual activities (in no particular order):
- we read (lots of dr. suess-- the dudes love it)
- we spend lots of time on the floor, playing
- we do some tummy time (they aren't huge fans of this)
- we sing (or i sing, they listen & kick)
- we go for walks (when its nice out)
- we eat (cereal takes a LOOOOONG time with 2 messy mouths feed at each sitting)
- we take sporadic naps (you all now they aren't great nappers)

they're just starting to sit up with support & reach for toys, so playtime is alot of grabbing & chewing & almost rolling over at this point. maybe it's not them that's in a rut, maybe it's just me....

5 comments:

  1. I started finger painting with Noah around 4 months. I set him in the bumbo with the try on, taped some paper to the try and squirted some paint on the paper and let him play in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo-- good idea! i've been thinking about getting bumbos. it's just so expensive to get for 2 babies.... will we use them long enough to make it worth it i wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each baby is of course different with Bumbo. My son hated it from day one. Kaisley liked it from about 2 (maybe closer to 3 months) until recently. She just turned 6 months. Now that she's sitting up pretty good on her own, she tries to squirm too much in bumbo. But then I know other kids who stayed using bumbo until they were almost walking. Shoot, DS actually likes it now at 2 more than he did as an infant (I actually do his hair cuts in it...lol!!!)

    I don't have a ton of ideas since Kaisley just sort of tags along with activities for Brookston. Since he's 2, he's always wanting to be on the run!!!!! I know being out and about with 2 infants has got to be different than being out and about with a toddler and an infant, but I too get tired of being in a rut...total cabin fever for me!

    I like the finger painting idea...how fun!!!!!! I've heard of people using things like shaving cream (I wonder if that's baby safe!?!!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bumbo I have one. I am not sure that I would buy new. Mine was given to me, and C really doesn't like it.

    Suggestions I hear check with places like once upon a child, kid to kid so on (not sure what is in your area). I have heard people say check on craigslist and ebay.

    Entertainment, we do a lot of PT which he thinks is play.

    Yeah that is all I have for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, personally I would say enjoy it because things will change when you start class :)

    but yeah, it does get boring here and there along the way...

    ReplyDelete