Thursday, November 19, 2009

Not in the mood for well-meaning advice.

the boys have been up off & on since 1am. conrad has been up for good since around 430, although i finally got val back to sleep around 6. sigh.... in good news, the con man is in a fabuous mood. mom, however, is not. mostly bc i am somewhat unfairly blaming N for my lack of sleep. he has been gone hunting (leaves at 4am home at 8pm) since saturday & is now back at work (gone 5am to 7pm) until sunday, when he made plans that require me to spend yet another day home alone with the guys WITHOUT ASKING ME. granted, he is just driving a processed deer up to his dad's buddy, it's not like he's having tons of fun, but it would have been nice to be consulted. & he acted all hurt when i scoffed at the idea of taking the boys & driving up there with him, as though sitting in a car for 4 hours with fussy babies, while pregnant & carsick would be some kind of treat. seriously, i wonder sometimes where his brain is. so my dad is riding with him (i guess N really wanted company) & i will be home with the babies. like always.
so much for our little talk about mom needing a day out once in a while.

(before anyone starts bashing my husband or talking about how much better i'll feel with sleep, just stop. all i really have to do is tell N i need some time to myself & we'll find a way to make it happen next week sometime. & babies will have a bad night once in a while-- it happens. but this is my blog & i'm allowed to complain about how tired i am & how annoying men can be. & i am prefectly aware of how b*tchy i sound. again, my blog-- i'm allowed.)

8 comments:

  1. and that why i love your blog!! TDDD for wedmd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do not take this as advice or a problem with you vent. I completely understand where you are coming from... I think all Moms do.

    The boys may just be missing their Daddy. The problem with having a hands on Daddy is that the kids tend to miss him when he is out of the picture for a few days. I know my boys always act out (in different ways- sleeping issues, crankiness, etc...) when their Daddy is gone on a business trip. Maybe that's the way to approach the subject with N. Tell him the boys miss him and need some alone time with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~hugs~ kate,I'm sorry. i'm here if you ever want to call and vent, or just talk to another adult :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((HUGS)) Kate. No advice, no comments, just lots and lots of ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally feel your pain Kate! Brandon is gone every weekend during hunting season and Now that Noah is talking some it is just heartbreaking when he comes up to me and says "dada?" and I can't produce the man. He doesn't get that we actually enjoy spending time with him when he is off work! Plus it irritates my pregnant self that he gets to do all these things at the drop of a hat and I really can't just take off for a weekend if I wanted...and I don't even want to its just the fact that I can't if I happen to want to (if that makes any sense). Unfortunately I have no advice. But if it makes you feel any better we had a rough night too! Noah has been up around 3-4 every night for the past 3 or 4 nights and it is wearing on me. I have no idea what his issue is but he is up for about and hour and after that I just can't fall back asleep. So you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right - it's your blog and you can do what you want!
    I'm just sorry. I won't pretend I understand because I don't. I also don't know how you do it though! I know - you do it because you're mom and you love the dudes and you love N. I know that I'm ready for dad to take over when he gets home from work, so you must be feeling that times a million!
    I hope you can work out some way to have some more alone time. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man what a Beatch you are......good thing you are almost out of the first Tri! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bitch away - it's your blog!! Hope the boys sleep better for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete