Monday, November 30, 2009

i keep having "girl" dreams....

twice now (the only times i've dreamt of this baby) it has been a girl. ok, so once it was a girl who turned into a ladybug, but a ladybug is still a "lady" right? hmmmm......

i have mixed feelings about whether a girl or boy would be "better". (yeah, i know the matter is already decided & i don't get a say, but that doesn't stop one from thinking does it?) in some ways, i'd love a girl. just bc it would be cool to have the experience of raising both, & bc i'd love to see N with a little girl, & i think it would be fun to have a daughter (other than the teenage years. but i doubt that's fun for either sex.) but i also love the sound of "my boys". & they'll be so close in age, maybe it would be better if they were all dudes. or maybe being close in age would help a girl feel less the odd man (or girl) out. & there really is something about a mom & sons that i just can't explain fully... i don't know that i'd adore a daughter in the same way i adore my little boys. not that i'd love a daughter any less, but i know the tricks of the trade, so to speak, being a girl myself. moms with boys, do you know what i'm saying here? plus, we already have all the boy clothes, lol!

eh, who am i kidding-- i'll be excited no matter what we're having. but it is fun to ponder the possibilities...

9 comments:

  1. I have no idea which sex I would prefer either, if given the choice. But I guess, healthy is the most important thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont worry, if you have a girl, she can have that special bond with N!! Just as youve got your mamas boys, im sure N would love a daddys girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know what you mean. After having a boy, I was thinking it would be so fun to have another boy, yet having a girl would be an awesome experience as well! Good thing we don't have to make that decision right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take it from someone who is knee deep in boy and girl teenagers, they are about the same. K cries like a girl, but is into uh hum boy things.. And J well, once a month J turns into a drama queen. Really there isn't much difference. K was my trouble child, still is. J was my little angel, and still can be.

    The younger two R is my trouble child, and C is my little angel. I wonder if they will be like the older two when they get older.

    As far as momma's kids, all but R is a momma's boy/girl.

    I think you would do great with a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the vote of confidence kim! :) me, i'm not so sure...

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are both equally amazing. When I found out I was having a boy after two girls, it was shocking and I was scared!! But, now I absolutely love it, it's so much fun having both. I see what you are saying on both sides though, another boy would be great because they would be "the boys" and a little girl would be protected by her big brothers!!

    Either way, you'll be surprised, excited and you will do fantastic no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the benefits of both. I would love to have all boys. But it would also be fun to have 2 boys and a little girl. Either way you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate, regardless of what's in your belly, you'll love it. Both are an experience!

    There is something about "my boys", but there's also something about, "my little girl" (who for me isn't so little anymore :((

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel ya on the pondering of possibilities. I too like the "my boys" thing, but there is something about bows and ruffles that is fun as crap too!

    ReplyDelete