Sunday, November 15, 2009

too much sunshine

i've decided i don't really enjoy blogs that are super cheerful all the time. if that's the face you chose to present to the world, that's cool, people write blogs for different reasons, after all. but for me, the blogs i enjoy most are like peeks into some one else's head. it's a voyeuristic pleasure, sure, but it's so much more fun than blogs that are just a bunch of happy status reports. no one is cheery all the time, not every day is a good one, & i'd rather read about the angry & the ugly & the bad right along with the good. i think it's a more realistic approach to writing, & definitely a more interesting one to read.

& now i've pissed of everyone who tries to be nothing but positive, which isn't my intent. please understand, it's not a reflection of your writing choices, but rather of MY reading preferences. it's the same reason that the best fairy tales are the ones that are a little scary too. life is better when it has balance. light without dark is just boring. why do you think the princess is usually an orphan? why is there always a scary witch or terrifying dragon? perfection isn't a fun experience 2nd hand.



p.s. to lurker in willis, mi: I KNOW YOU! i must, willis is tiny. so who are you & how did you find me?

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you! It really is like a peek into someones head, and sometimes, it's like wtf?

    You know my blog is not all happy, sooo, you didn't bother me one bit;)

    (btw, i got fixins for green bean caserole! Want some?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, my blog probably seems like i blow sunshine and rainbows out my butt. Its probably one of those boring ones you described. Lol! In my defense though, i dont write in it nearly as often as i used to, so when i do its usually if something good happened.

    ReplyDelete