Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sleepy Saturday Musings

the boys are both fighting the naps right now, but quietly, so i know they'll give in sooner or later. :) conrad is becoming a thumbsucker, & is going to town on his thumb, which is very cute. doesn't like a paci, but that thumb--ooo boy!

i am very tired (surprise, surprise) & hunting for thanksgiving recipes for N. poor guy, my family usually does traditional armenian food for holidays, & bc he works every holiday we usually celebrate holidays here (with my fam). so he misses out on the american staples like candied yams, etc. so this thanksgiving, since its at our house, i'm making him his candied yams with marshmallows (sounds yucky to me, but he loves it!) & cranberry sauce. & we're doing a real turkey, not just a breast with some other less-traditional protein like usual. i figure its time we start some of our own traditions, so we're mixing the armenian & american this year, & luckily my folks are all excited about it, mostly bc my dad loves to cook & my mom just loves a party, but its working out without offending anyone & N will get some of his holdiay treats.

i had a diet coke today, which i now feel all guilty for, since i wouldn't let caffiene cross my lips when i was pg with the guys. i'm just SO tired, i really needed the caffiene. & i even poured half of it down the drain, i just had to kill the tired headache i had going or i wasn't sure i'd make it thru the day.

monday & tuesday we have appts to check on the new peanut. mon with my OB, & tues is a consult with our mfm (high risk doc) & the NT scan, 1st tri tests etc. & if all is well, i think we'll be breaking the news. i'm showing enough that my family will guess on sight, & since the holidays are coming, i can't really hide from everyone (nor do i want to!) i'll post when the news is officially out, but for now it's still all secret squirrel.

& i will be going to see new moon tomorrow with a bud. doesn't matter that i'm not into pattinson & cast, etc. something about that series is just addictive & i have to see it. we can all use a little cheap escapism in our lives, right?

val has given in to the nap, & con man is doing some serious wiggles, which usually means he'll be out shortly. it's like he has to squeeze out every last ounce of energy before he can crash... funny little boy. :)

5 comments:

  1. I just have to smile, you "sound" better.

    The yams-yuck! I can't stand candied yams, they seriously make me want to gag. BUT everyone (except C who I am sure will follow suit) in my house LOVES them. Make them like a mashed potato and I am all over them.

    I should start my list, but the longer I delay the list, the longer I can think Christmas is NOT just around the corner. Ba hum-bug! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy the quiet while they are sleeping.

    I also hope the appointments go well so that you can feel comfortable in breaking the news...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so addicted to the Twilight series. Cannot wait to see New Moon!

    Let us know how it goes when the family finds out your pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE candied yams with marshmallows. I could eat them all day. Ummmm...now I have a craving LOL. And don't feel guilty for having a diet coke every once and awhile (or heck even everyday if you want). I still get headaches if I don't have a cup of coffee in the morning...so I hope Eli turns out ok :)

    Good luck at the appts. I can't wait to see some u/s pics of the little peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About he diet coke, I'd be more worried about the fake sugar then the caffeine (but that's me, I don't trust that stuff)...and the caffeine in coke (diet or regular) won't do you any harm. I never gave up coffee (or soda) with Kae, or Liam...the twins, well, it made me sick, so I drank tea or coke instead...LOL! So no guilt over the caffeine!

    I hope your candied yams come out well, I hinestly, have never had them!

    ReplyDelete