Friday, November 6, 2009

silence....

the boys are in bed, N just got called out to do his evidence tech thing (the real life version of CSI) & i have the house to myself. the birds are asleep for the night, the cats are all racked out, & everything is quiet. it's so nice i'm tempted to stay awake a little later than usual just to enjoy the silence.

on a practical note-- the B&E that N got called out for is one of a string in our area lately. there's a crew that breaks into cars in public parking lots, (grocery stores, movie theatres, etc), steals garage door openers & then uses them to break into the houses while the people are still out. might want to hide your garage door opener if you carry one in your car.... we are from now on!

5 comments:

  1. I had to park my car outside tonight and I brought in my garage door opener! So proud of myself now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good tip about the garage door opener! I think I'll have to pass this along to friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's scary! I never thought about it, but I will hide mine from now on too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, isn't that nice!?! I swear people piss me off! Last week we had someone try to break into our car, totally screwed up the lock. The problem here is this, it is a Jetta, our Jetta only has a lock on one door. D'oh! Better hope our keyless doesn't break.

    ReplyDelete