Monday, November 2, 2009

(Finally) an EDD and, in baby related news, more on naps!

just to update my own record keeping: baby #3 is measuring 8w3d, & our EDD is 6/6/10. (2 days before my birthday!) although the doc reminded me that the EDD is more of a goal.... he pointed out that i'm still considered high risk for preterm labor, since its already happened with the dudes & bc of the surgeries on my cervix. yay. & i'm a carrier for group b strep, which apparently can increase your chances of PTL as well. so we'll be followed by the high risk mfm again as well as my OB. but for now baby looks perfect! we talked about VBAC, he's open to trying & supportive of it in general, but did point out the risks to me & baby & said we'll have to keep re-evaluating options as the pregnancy progresses. which is fine by me. when all is said & done, i want what's best for the kiddo(s... all 3 of them). in other good news, there is only a low chance of me developing pre-e again. apparently only 1 in 5 women who have pre-e with one pregnancy will get it in subsequent pregnancies, so that's reassuring.

& on to baby news: day 2 of our new nap plan is not going so well... grampa babysat while i was at the doc, so their morning nap routine was messed up & their nap only about 15 mintues long.
val finally caved into sleep around 230, (next to me on the bed of course, so i can't go do anything else!) & conrad is still fighting it. he's in his swing & i have our "nightnight" music on. he *just* stopped complaining about life & i know he's tuckered, so i'm hopeful he'll give in & nap soon.... poor little guys. i'm letting them dictate the timing of their naps, i don't try to put them down until they give me sleepy cues & con actually already fell asleep once, but almost immediately sneezed & woke himself up & has been fighting it ever since. i decided i'm going to stick with this new nap routine for at least a week before i re-evaluate.
on the plus side, bc N left for work at 230 this morning after we fed the boys, they went right back to sleep & slept til 645!!! yay!! i'm gathering evidence that it really IS his alarm doing the damage in the morning so i can persuade him to consider either sleeping upstairs on the nights he works, or find some other alternative that does NOT involve an alarm clock going off in the boys room at 5am.
& now con's asleep :) patience pays off! now i'm just left sitting here until val wakes up.....

5 comments:

  1. Awesome baby news!

    I had a thought on the nap. This is what I notice with C, if I wait for him to show me signs he is ready for a nap it is much harder for him to nap he doesn't nap as long or as deep. If I put him down after he has had breakfast, and a warm bottle he goes out. Then again after lunch and another warm bottle.

    Again, it works for C, it might not work for your boys.

    Good Luck! I am sure you will find something that works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm.... thanks kim! i'll give it a shot. maybe they're overtired by the time they send out the sleepy signs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dd didn't sleep that well until i had a daily routine. she knew what to expect after her morning & afternoon snacks (nap) and after her evening bath it was always bed. I wish i would have started that sooner, but my random naps with her were wonderful (she co-slept until 8 months)


    I'm glad to hear that the little bean is doing well!! Woot woot for a due date. Are you guys going to find out the gender?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally think my DS's 6:30am wake up calls before about 11 months old were due to DH's alarm clock. Not to mention his 5:30am wake up call thanks to the trash collectors two times a week! He eventually either must have learned or started sleeping harder because he doesn't wake up anymore....but I'm with ya on wanting DH to find a different method for waking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to drop in and say hi! Say *waving Really Big** HI!! LOL And I also wanted to tell ya that you may not end up with Group B this preg. I had it with DS and tested Neg this time and I think Shelly was the same way with her kids. So you just never know. And I also didnt get Pre-e with Caitlyn like I did my son. So happy you are preggers again! Hopefull the naps work out soon. I have no nap advice as Im having a shitty time of it too lol Aubrey

    ReplyDelete