Tuesday, April 20, 2010

10 reasons why i am a bad wife today.

1. the laundry is clean, but scattered between the dryer & various laundry baskets.
2. bottles are stacked by the sink, waiting to be washed, & i fully plan on leaving them there until after dinner.
3. the boys breakfast cheerios are still all over the floor, as are the bird's morning carrots, (they decided orange isn't cool today & threw them all out of their cage at the cats.)
4. my living room looks like a daycare that hasn't been cleaned in a week.
5. i am still in pj's.
6. the boys are still in pj's.
7. we will be eating leftovers for the 2nd night in a row, bc the thought of cooking makes me want to hurl.
8. digger has yogurt in his fur from an over-enthusiastic baby hug. i am not going to attempt to bathe the cat.
9.i think my cell phone is lost somewhere in the boy's playhouse. i have no plans to go look for it.

& 10. i am too tired to care about any of this. we played all morning, the boys are fed, they are (relatively) clean, totally happy, & napping peacefully, & i am going to go join them. chores be damned.

6 comments:

  1. What a great post! I know the feeling, the only difference is I have one 15 month old but feel VERY much the same way! But I told my husband on his way out the door that I would at least pick up today! We'll see. The clouds are rolling in and the wind is picking up. Might just be a good day to hang out with the tv! I fully intend to keep my son in his jammies and me in mine though! Hope you have a great day!

    Sometimes left overs are better then the original meal after they've sat for a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ten reasons why, but I still don't think you're bad wife...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this should be renamed "10 reasons I'm an awesome mommy". everyone is is fed, happy and snoozing! success! my mom always says "a clean house = a boring housewife" or something like that. i hope you're getting a good nap in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...if those are reasons your a bad wife, I got at least 30! I still have crap on the floor I need to sweep up from Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I am a bad wife atleast 4 out of 7 day then lol A clean house has never been more important to me then hanging out with the kids I dont let the house get nasty but i do put alot of stuff off longer then i probably should. You are not a bad wife you just have alot on your plate and deserve a break from time to time

    ReplyDelete