Thursday, April 8, 2010

10 things *most* people don't know about me


  • i cannot ride a bike. no really, i never learned. i know, it's weird.
  • i am terrified of deep water. like petrified. i can swim until i know the water is over my head, & then all h*ll breaks loose. i once almost drowned a grown man, trained in life-saving, in a full on phobia attack in a lake over this.
  • i could happily become a full-on vegetarian, but for my love of seafood.
  • i love gardening, but really only my veggies. the front & my flowers get totally neglected at the expense of growing the best veggies in our neighborhood.
  • i hated cats until i met N's kitties, & saw the error of my ways. i am now a dedicated kitty lover.
  • i let my kids roll in mud, & don't really mind when they occasionally eat dirt.
  • once upon a time, i was a hard-core party girl. no really, it's true!
  • one of my great ambitions in life is to go to the antiques roadshow. i don't even need to be on tv, i just want to go with N & some of our ancient crap!
  • we have a cross made out of a palm (palm sunday-- its a catholic thing) hanging next to a giant set of antlers off a buck N got hanging in our living room. the positioning of both was an accident of convenience & i forget how weird it looks until i notice guests staring at them, but i still haven't moved either.
  • i am really good at jeopardy, unless the category is opera.

ok, maybe some of those weren't all that *secret*, but it's sunday so you can't expect too much of me, right?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya as far as kids in the mud...I figure a dirty happy kid is a happy kid :D

    ReplyDelete