Monday, April 5, 2010

sticks & stones break my bones, but GERD makes me cry.

i broke my ankle. it's a hairline fracture, but it's a fracture & i walked on it ALL week in arlington & DC last week. today i gave up tho, bc it now hurts so bad i can't chase the little dudes around anymore, & spent all afternoon in dr's offices while people tried to tell me it hurts bc i'm pregnant. i finally pitched a total hissy fit & demanded an x-ray & eval by a non-OB, & sure enough it's totally unrelated to me being preggo. duh. this isn't my 1st pg, & i was the queen of swollen appendages with the boys, so i'm pretty sure i know what a pg-swollen ankle feels like. sigh.
so now i'm in an air-cast & supposed to be "off my feet". HA. we'll see how that goes. mostly it just hurts & i don't know what i'm going to do to stay off my feet.

in even worse news, conrad gained ZERO since his last dr. visit, & the puking has returned depite the prevacid. after an appt today & a big pow-wow with our pedi. & his partner (both of whom specialize in this stuff) they think he's a candidate for surgery. basically, it's really bad that he's not gaining & is in fact losing weight, that we can't take him off medicines ever without making things much worse, & that there's been no improvement in his reflux, (which is now offically diagnosed as GERD), since birth.
so we got a referral to a pediatric surgeon who will get the final call. i'm praying we have other options available before we have to resort to surgery, bc it's not minor stuff this time. it's inpatient, requires rehab & abdominal surgery HURTS. i'm super scared just thinking of him having to go through this. we're waiting on the surgery folks to call & set up a consult, & in the meantime if anyone wants to send some good thoughts, vibes or prayers conrad's way, we'd be grateful.

9 comments:

  1. Hope your ankle heals soon, and I'm sending all the positive thoughts I can C's way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((HUGS)), you know you have every positive thought, and every prayer I can send your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((HUGS)) and ditto Kim and Iiri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((HUGS))) I'm sorry your having a crappy day/week. I will keep you and Con in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you heal up fast. Sending C all the prayers I can spare poor lil man

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you all in my prayers! I hope your ankle feels better soon. I sure hope the pedisurgeon can give you a nonsurgical option, or at least utilize the least invasive option for little Con.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got every positive vibe I've got coming your way, sweets. I'm praying there are still nonsurgical options for the Conman. I hope your ankle heals quickly, too.
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you and C, Kate!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got our prayers!! Let me know if you want me to add your names to the prayer roll at my church.

    ReplyDelete