Wednesday, April 28, 2010

hurry up & slow down

i want the next few weeks to fly, so i can meet #3 & finally start healing from being pregnant for what feels like years. at the same time tho, i don't want to hurry anything, bc i don't want to lose a minute with my guys. i'll miss them in the hospital, & i know it will take me a while once we get home to get in the swing of having 3 little ones. the boys at a very snuggly, needy age at the moment, & while i know my mom will do a wonderful job of catering to them, i know it will bother me that it won't be ME with them.
don't get me wrong, i do want to spend the time getting to know 3. i want 3 to get the same level of devotion that our first babies got from us, but i know what it is to have to divide your attention, & it hurts, even when you know it's the best thing for everyone. once 3 is here, everything will work out fine, of course, & i will have worried for nothing. but in the meantime i can't help but worry a little, & spend every spare moment i have trying to make my big boys feel as special & loved as i can.


EDIT: ok, i also have to point out here, that while we have just over 30 days til 3's scheduled birthday, 3 could techincally come anytime after may 14th (37 weeks) & be fine. this is just 16 days away!!! anyone want to make some birthday predicitions? i personally think 3 will be a late may baby...

7 comments:

  1. May 25 ;) is my prediction but im never right

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say May 25th too! hmmm... I think I'm going to stick with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the 28th but like Rachael, I'm never ever right either. :P Worrying is totally normal and if you're anything like me, you're right. You will look back and realize everything turned out okay. But I know that doesn't help at all either. You'll get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it helps any, I don't think the worry about time division ever really goes away, but you just do the best you can, and that's all that matters!

    And May 26th...although the 19th would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm.. I still think right about the 30th, but I am not so sure about it, I think that is just me being silly, I know 5 people with that birthday.

    A better date. May 23rd keeps popping into my head.

    ReplyDelete