Sunday, April 11, 2010

piece of cake

a friend pointed out to me after my lame post yesterday that "normal" pregnancies are boring, so i shouldn't feel bad. & i have to say, i really agree, altho i'd never thought of it before-- normal pregnancies ARE boring. after the drama & pain of carrying 2 for 7ish mos, this singleton pg has been a walk in the park. this is a piece of cake.
don't get me wrong, maybe i'll be singing a different tune in 6 weeks, but after measuring something like 44 weeks preggo with the dudes at somewhere around 30 weeks (if memory serves) i seriously doubt i'll be THAT miserable, & i have to be honest, i don't really "get it" when other singleton moms start complaining right around now (32 weeks). not that i'm not sympathetic, i know all too well how much pregnancy can suck, i just don't feel it this time-- i'm really NOT that miserable, & while big, i really don't feel THAT huge. mostly, i'm just really glad we had the twins first, so that this one really does seem like a total breeze.

3 comments:

  1. I get what you're saying, while it didn't really happen that way for me (my boring pregnancy was first, then all preggo poopie hit the fan...) I am REALLY glad it's working out that way for you!

    i hope the rest of the pregnancy is boring as boring can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pregnancy with Payton was pretty boring. It was easy and I never got real uncomfortable either. I'm glad you are having a boring pregnancy this time around! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K was pretty boring, one u/s the entire time. I felt great up until the very end.

    J I had three u/s the big one, one after my car accident, and one when I went overdue, with her I was in a lot of pain (car accident related). But it was boring (except after the car accident).

    With R I had what I thought was a lot of u/s (about 5) to watch for anemia, but it still was pretty boring.

    Then C.. I have to say I am glad I got the boring ones out of the way before him.

    Anyway, the point, boring is nice. =0)

    ReplyDelete