Friday, April 23, 2010

be warned: this is a psycho pregnant lady rant

every scrap of clothing in our house needs to be washed. plus, in a burst if nesting fervor yesterday, i pulled out a bunch of newborn stuff to be washed & folded for 3. (dragging giant tupperware tubs of baby clothes up from our basement after spending hours wandering ikea in a fruitless search for a shelf= bad idea.) i started the wash this morning with puke/pee laundry bc it was stinkiest, & next up is N's mountain of work shirts, (also very stinky), altho to be honest i was seriously tempted to just set fire to his sh*t on the lawn this morning.

i think i've finally hit the super grumpy, exhausted, everything & everyone pisses me off stage of pregnancy.

pretty much all of my patience & smiles are used up on the boys, so by the time i see N at the end of the day i have nothing left, & it's taking a toll.
he was such a b*tch yesterday for unknown reasons. (my guess is that the man is feeling the stress of being totally unready for the pending baby, etc, but bc he is who he is, he will admit to nothing & will just act like a big jerk rather than own up to feeling anxious.) so after trying to cheer him up, offering to help with his "chores", & failing to elicit anything but snide remarks, i gave up & was pretty much annoyed with him all day.
& then i dreamt last night that he had an affair. woke up crying & furious with him. yeah, yeah, it was a dream, but i was still pissed.

aside from general stress, i think part of our pissiness towards each other is actually due to the lack of love life lately. not from lack of desire on any one's part, but bc i am TIRED. by the time N gets home, i have been up since 6 with 2 small men hanging on me ALL day (the guys are going thru a very clingy stage) & the thought of another human trying to touch me pretty much makes my skin crawl. by that point, i don't even want the cats in my lap, & by the time we get the kids to bed, i am usually laying on the couch, drinking water & fending off the BHC that get ever more frequent & uncomfortable throughout the day so i can finally go to sleep.
& due to our awesome procrastinating, on his days off, the "must-do" list is so long that the "want-to" list never gets done. plus, the added grumpiness on his part definetly does NOT make me want to rip his clothes off.

yeah, i know-- this too shall pass, blah, blah, blah.

i think my larger problem at the moment is just that i've hit the frantic, must prepare, grumpy & exhausted for no reason part of this pregnancy. & the fact that i can accomplish none of the things i want to get done without help (stupid broken foot) is driving my type A self absolutely batty. grr.

5 comments:

  1. ((HUGS))

    I admit I had to giggle a few times. I totally can't be serious right now, maybe later. Right now I am too busy giggling at the rant about N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kim,i'm glad some one can laugh at my woes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry. That is so much to deal with at once. Plus you are at the big part of your pregnancy were your belly is just getting bigger and you are just getting more tired. Plus you have two little guys to take care of AND a house.

    Of course you are a little crabby! I hope you are feeling better soon and get everything you need to do done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking you have every right to be crabby! I'm sorry things are so rough and N is being a turd. Men are just so clueless sometimes. (Maybe there's something in the air, mine is in trouble today too!) This too shall pass. Maybe like a kidney stone, but it will pass. :P I hope things get easier for you soon! Until then, big ((HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, not sure if I should offer ~hugs~ or giggles... I also found the N rant kinda amusing, but hey.

    I'll offer ~hugs~ anyway, can't hurt right? Oh, that's air hugs BTW...I know it sucks to be hung on all day (and as AWFUL as this is about to sound, I deny my super huggy daughter as many hugs as she wants way more often because of L and his clinginess...UGH!)

    ReplyDelete