Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cheaters

Since our ob said if he'll pry deliver us by 37 weeks (April 11) if that's really the case & we make it to term, we only have 65 days at the most til we meet the boys!!!! :D

On a non-baby topic, I am really frustrated with all the BS surrounding the GSP- Penn fight last weekend. (which we couldn't watch because Comcast sucks balls!) Georges legitimately defended his belt & did it soundly, & is arguable the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, & all of that is tainted now because of the Vaseline issue. Supposedly his trainer rubbed Vaseline on Georges' back between rounds. What it looks like in the photos is that the guy greased his face & then started rubbing Georges' shoulders-- residual Vaseline at best, right? But Chuck Liddell saw the Vaseline (allegedly) from the audience, alerted the commission guy who was there, who went up & toweled off Georges. End of story, or at least it should be. The trainer is being disciplined, which is the right thing to do, now let's all let it go!! Rashad Evans didn't have nearly this much fuss when his trainer was accused of doing the same thing. But noooo, BJ has to file a complaint & claim the copious amounts of Vaseline are why he lost the fight, when in fact he clearly just got his ass beat. Should the Vaseline have happened? No, of course not. Is it why GSP won? No, of course not. Is BJ looking for an excuse? Yes, of course. (Don't get me wrong-- I think Penn is a great fighter & loads of fun to watch. But he is a whiner & a big mouth & always has been.) I guess what it comes down to is that I hate excuses, & don't like to see our heroes trashed. A la Obama & his atrocious cabinet choices-- seriously, what does his vetting process involve? Are they looking for people who owe at least $100K in taxes? sigh.... I really like this President & I don't want to see him trashed any more than I want to see our favorite fighter dragged through the mud. Keep it clean, guys!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog, totally loving it so far.

    I don't have a comment on this post. But I wanted to tell you CONGRATS your almost 28 weeks!! That is AWESOME! Greater than 90% survival!! I think at this point the chance of any long term effects are down to some crazy low number like 15%. Congrats mama you did/are doing great!

    ReplyDelete