Monday, February 2, 2009

Weights, Boobs & Titles

Second growth scan at our perinatologist's today-- the boys are 2lbs 10oz each!!! No cervical changes this visit, boys are healthy, life is good!! Both of them were snoozing, they're both transverse, laying head to feet (probably so they can kick each other easier). Baby B still wouldn't show us his face. We got the top of his head, more butt & business shots, & he finally totally rolled over so we were looking at his back. Little stinker. A gave us his usual sleeping pose & some really cute pics of his profile. They aren't even born yet, & I already think they're the coolest kids. I'm probably going to be one of those awful moms who thinks everything her kids do is the best thing ever...

We also had our breastfeeding class today, with a very nice la leche league lady. She's also a lactation consultant at the hospital where we plan to deliver. I'm sure we'll get the info all over again at the hospital, but being the control freak I am, I like to feel prepared. Besides, I think it was good for N to hear it all. I really want him to be as involved as possible, so hopefully the classes will make him feel more confident too.

On a non-baby topic, I thought an explanation for this blog's title might be in order... everytime I ask N has had a less than stellar day & I ask how his day was, he always answers "Another day, living the dream." It's his stock answer for crappy days. So even though he's totally sarcastic when he says it, I'm using it as a reminder to myself that even when things suck, we really are pretty damn close to living our dream. I know, it's cheesy. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment