Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Freaking Out

Lately a lot of the girls I went through the TTC/pg journey with on the boards have been having their little ones (which is great) & talking about their new mom experiences (also great). But I have to be honest... they're freaking me out!!! Every time I hear about their completely sleepless nights, hysterical babies & everyday newborn struggles, I smile or cry with them (whatever is appropriate given mom's mental state), but can't help but think-- "you only have ONE newborn!" What on God's green earth am I going to do with TWO? Will I be able to handle the guilt that comes with knowing I can't possibly meet both babies needs at the same time all the time? If a mom of 1 baby only gets 3 hrs of sleep a night, what on earth is going to happen to me? Will I be able to find 10 minutes a day to spend time with my critters? (that may seem silly to some of you, but they're an important part of my life & I don't want to neglect our non-human family either.) Will N & I ever get to have sex again? (sorry if that's a little TMI...) Will I be able to handle breastfeeding twins? Will we be able to hold on to our sanity long enough to survive 2 newborns? What if (God forbid!) they get colic?

In short, I'm freaking out....

(Yes, I know we will figure all this out & be fine eventually... we will make it work because that is our only option, but dammit-- I'm allowed to have some paranoid fears & freak out once in while, right?)

2 comments:

  1. Look up mom2five1980 on cafe... Her twins are just over a year old, she might have some tips for you.

    Also,remember, you WILL find your groove. It takes 2 weeks to find that groove with a newborn. It is not easy, but you WILL survive it.

    BTW, sorry late comment, I am just now catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kim!! :)
    g;ad to see you back-- hope you & dh are doing ok...

    ReplyDelete