Monday, February 16, 2009

Escape from Jail! (subtitle: "Kate Leaves the Couch")

I made N look at the wall clings with me & he humored me by helping to pick some for the boys' room. We decided on a "woodlands" & a "safari" from the wee gallery collection. & I even went ahead & ordered them! This is a big deal for us, as we've had a really hard time buying anything baby-related & have shoved all our gifts into the spare bedroom.

On top of that, we actually went baby shopping today. (Yes, me too! I got special permission to get off my couch as long as it was a brief trip & I stayed in the wheelchair. Honestly, I would have laid on a gurney just to get out of the house!) I've been kind of down about not preparing for the boys, & bummed I can't participate & be blissfully excited like a normal first-time-mom, so actually going shopping & picking out things like a baby bathtub was beyond awesome for me. 1) because I got out of the house to go somewhere other than the hospital, 2) because I actually got to help with some sort of baby-preparation activity, & 3) because we're finally reaching a point mentally & emotionally where we can shop & plan for the boys to come home. Although as I typed that last one, I got nervous... I'm so afraid something might happen, & while I know it's silly to think that anything I do could jinx us, I can't shake the fears.

I'm totally wiped out now (seriously, speaking long sentences makes me lose my breath, so I am exhausted after my brief foray away from my couch) & N put on Shrek for me to zone out to, so I'm going to lay here & try to think happy thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. 29 weeks 2 days, you ARE bringing those boys home! If my little man had very few struggles at 27 2, your little men will be fine!

    Just remember that you are having twins, they develop faster then a singleton. You have seen from my experience that a 27 2 baby can survive, with very few issues. Even now what we are dealing with is just a preemie thing, it is nothing serious.

    YAY for getting to go shopping!!!!! I know the feeling you had, it is yes I can leave that damn bed/couch and do something for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim is right! Those boys are coming home! Just hopefully they decide to stay put a little while longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've got a good 3, 4 weeks in you still. :) Y'all will be just fine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the pep talk ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete