Sunday, February 1, 2009

My first foray into blogging.... registry woes!

Since I've already spent over a month on bedrest & the prospect of more fun-filled months on the couch is looming ahead of me, a blog seemed like a fun way to pass the time. I'm sure more of our story will trickle out as I keep writing, but for now I'm writing about the thing that is most occupying my mind today & that is.... our stupid registry at a certain store whose symbol is a big red bull's eye.
To start with, registering for stuff is not my favorite thing... yes, it's totally necessary & definitely needed, but I just find it super annoying. (Although to be fair, I do love the gifts....) Anyways, N (the hubby) & I registered for a few thing at this store (let's call it "T") strictly because some of his family live way in the boonies & that is the closest thing to them. When we try to register in-store, way back when, the gun didn't work, nothing was available & the customer service was just generally crappy. I get grounded to bedrest soon after this, so I end up registering online. As soon as the registry goes up, mysterious things start appearing on it. PINK things. Girlie things. Things we did NOT register for. What's worse, our guests (all of whom have been told we're having 2 BOYS) start buying things in pink. Even worse, they're getting 2 of everything. Did I mention this stuff is PINK? Sigh....
Since I can't get off my duff to go yell at "T" personally, I send my mom to sort out the mess. "T" insists that I have somehow made a mistake & actually registered for all this crap, & tell her that I have to leave the pink things on my registry because if they come off, we won't be able to return the stuff. So we're suppose to continue to let our confused guests buy pink stuff we don't want? Um, NO. I get on the phone, & after some wrangling, get them to agree to let us return the stuff even after it has been removed from the registry. being optimistic, I think this is the end of the drama.
Fast forward to today, when I go to spy on our registries & discover that MORE crap has been added to our registry at "T". Today, it's bibs galore (seriously, like 40 bibs!) & several gallons of milk & assorted dairy products. Yup, DAIRY PRODUCTS. I am furious, & this time I send my dad to do battle with the evil "T". (N is working, investigating an arson, & I am stuck on the couch. yay bedrest!)
My dad is generally a nice dude, but can get very obnoxious & is great at getting his way in situations like this. He spends several hours there, during which time they try to get him to talk to technical service reps in India. He hands the phone to a "T" employee, who gets so frustrated he hangs up on his own tech support. At this point, the "T" reps finally admit that no one would ever register for dairy products & offer my dad $6 in gift coupons. SIX dollars. woo-hoo. They tell my dad they aren't authorized to offer us any more than that. My poor dad finally gets fed up & makes an appointment to meet with the store manager tomorrow.
Hopefully it will be handled tomorrow, but this has been incredibly annoying & if anyone shows up at our shower with gallons of milk, they will be in serious danger of receiving a milk shower before they leave!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah a Blog!!!! I will add you to my list so I can stay on top of things once I leave PAL....

    ReplyDelete