Saturday, April 25, 2009

I found a little slice of heaven

& took a 4 hour nap this morning on the floor of our currently empty babies' room. it was awesome. the boys are really noisy sleepers & last night was an especially rough one since the guys were not on the same schedule & both were getting up every 2 hours. So when Val got up at 5 (after we put them down at 4) I got up with him & handled both boys & got bottles, milk, etc ready for the morning & then left N a note at 7 saying he was on his own until I woke up. Grabbed my pillow, curled up on the floor, sunshine streaming in, no blankets, no mattress, & racked out. I almost felt human again when I woke up, although I felt really guilty for leaving N on his own for 2 feedings. He was only minorly grumpy about it, & honestly-- it was worth it!

& in non-baby related news-- N has figured out how to make the most amazing cheesecake from scratch. For those who don't know, he is an amazing baker (seriously great with deserts-- he makes the world;s best carrot cake) & this new cheesecake is phenomenal. I am such a lucky girl! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for naps and cheesecake!! Don't feel guilty about stealing away for a nap, you deserve it. :)

    ~Candi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheescake sounds yummy! Yay for N! I would love to have a hubby that could cook really well. Granted my DH can feed us if he needs too but nothing special! So glad that you got a beautiful nap. All mommies need some time away to refresh. Glad that your little men are doing so well!! Still miss the hell out of you on the board! All my friends are slowly going away. Im so glad that a certian person will be going away soon. I know Im a bitch but jeez! Love and Hugs Aubrey

    ReplyDelete